The 5X35023 is a VersaClock programmable clock generator and is designed for low power, consumer, and high performance PCI Express applications. The device is a three PLL architecture design, and each PLL is individually programmable and allowing for up to five unique frequency outputs.
The 5X35023 has built-in unique features such as Proactive Power Saving (PPS), Performance-Power Balancing (PPB), Overshoot Reduction Technology (ORT) and Extreme Low Power DCO. An internal OTP memory allows the user to store the configuration in the device without programming after power up, then program the 5X35023 again through the I²C interface.
The device has programmable VCO and PLL source selection to allow the user to do power-performance optimization base on the application requirements. It also supports one single-ended output and two pair of differential outputs that support LVCMOS, LP-HCSL, LVDS, and LVPECL. A low power 32.768kHz clock is supported with only less than 2μA current consumption for system RTC reference clock.
- Intergrated crystal in the package for board space saving
- Configurable OE pin function as OE, PD#, PPS or DFC control function
- Configurable PLL bandwidth/minimizes jitter peaking
- PPS: Proactive Power Saving features save power during the end device power down mode
- PPB: Performance Power Balancing feature allows minimum power consumption base on required performance
- DFC: Dynamic Frequency Control feature allows up to 4 different frequencies to switch dynamically
- Spread spectrum clock support to lower system EMI
- I²C interface
Supported by IDT Timing Commander™ software tool