The ISL9205CEVAL1Z is an evaluation tool for the ISL9205C single-cell Li-ion battery chargers. This evaluation tool provides a complete evaluation platform addressing all datasheet specifications and functionality. The jumpers on the board facilitate the programming of the charge current and different charging conditions. They can also be used to make other necessary connections, such as current measurement.
The ISL9205 is a fully integrated single-cell Li-ion battery charger that accepts input voltages ranging from up to 6.5V. After being powered up, the ISL9205 is capable of operating at an input voltage as low as 2.5V. The low operating voltage allows the charger to work with a variety of AC adapters.
The ISL9205 offers both a three package and pinout option and a total of five functional variants. The evaluation board accommodates all of these variants. The board provides the pads for two package types: the 16 Ld package and the 10 Ld package. On the 10 Ld package option, there are two pin functions for Pin 9; temperature function (TEMP) and the remote voltage sensing (VSEN) function. Two 0Ω resistors are used to select these functions.
- A complete evaluation platform for the ISL9205 charger
- Accommodates all package options
- Accepts input voltages up to 6.5V
- Flexible power connectors each with a hook and a solder pad providing variety to users
- Convenient jumpers for programming the charge current, charge mode, and for current measurement
- Board size: 89mm x 65mm
- Six thermal vias in the thermal pad similar to the customers' thermally enhanced environment
- On-board LEDs for input FAULT and STATUS state indication
- Mobile phones
- Bluetooth devices
- MP3 players
- Stand-alone cradle or travel chargers
- Other handheld devices