The P9418 is a highly-integrated single-chip wireless power transmitter/receiver IC (TRx). The device can be configured to receive or transmit an AC power signal through magnetic induction.
When the device is configured as a wireless power transmitter, it uses an on-chip full/half-bridge inverter, a PWM generator, a modulator/demodulator for communication, and micro controller to produce an AC power signal to drive external L-C tank. As a receiver, the device receives an AC power signal from a wireless transmitter and converts it into rectified output voltage, which can be used to power devices or supply the charger input in mobile applications. The P9418 integrates a high efficiency Synchronous Full Bridge Rectifier and control circuitry to modulate the load to send message packets to the Transmitter (Tx) to optimize power delivery.
The P9418 features Multiple-time programmable (MTP) non-volatile memory to easily update control firmware and device functions. The device includes over-temperature and voltage protection. Fault conditions associated with power transfer are managed by an industry-leading 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor offering high level of programmability while consuming extremely low standby power. The processor can also control GPIOs to indicate operating and fault modes. The P9418 is available in an ultra-small 70-WLCSP package.
For information regarding evaluation boards and material, please contact your local sales representative.
- Single-chip WPC medium power wireless solution
- 24kB Multiple-time programmable (MTP) non-volatile memory for expanded feature support
- WPC 1.2.4 compliant and WPC 1.3+ compatible
- Delivers up to 60W as a receiver
- WattShare™ TRx mode with up to 10W Tx capability
- Embedded 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor
- Reliable over voltage clamping
- Proprietary Rx-to-Tx modulation/demodulation for two-way communication
- High-performance LDO
- Tx-to-Rx (backchannel) communication
- Supports proprietary mode magnetic induction wireless power solutions
- Supports I2C 400kHz standard interface and GPIOs
- Package: 7 × 10 ball array, 2.82 × 4.22 × 0.50 mm, 70-WLCSP with 0.40mm ball pitch