The IE850A is equipped with a rich variety of debugging functions, such as events, tracing, and time measurement. This full spec emulator features 9 GB of memory for storing histories of program execution, enabling the saving and checking of histories of program execution over longer periods.
|Software to be used||Target devices||Latest Version||Released||Operating Environment|
*Evaluation Software Download
List of Functions Supported by CS+
|V8.03.00||Jan. 20, 2020||Operating Environment|
|Green Hills Multi Note1||RH850||For the details, contact Green Hills Software.|
- As for tools produced by partners, contact each company directly.
Release information (See Tool News)
- Collect long-term program execution histories
- The emulator has 9 GB of memory for collecting histories of program execution, such as branches and data access. The emulator handles the memory as a set of trace frames, each with a capacity of up to 1 GB. The total capacity allows the saving and checking of histories of program execution over longer periods.
- Use IE850A and E2 emulator on the same user system
- The IE850A emulator supports devices equipped with the Aurora trace interface, a scalable and lightweight link-layer protocol for high-speed serial communications. Having a 34-pin connector for Aurora protocol communications on the target side, the IE850A can be used to collect histories of program execution over longer periods for use in defect analysis.
An E2 emulator can also be connected to the user system by using a conversion adapter. You can then use the E2 for standard debugging and the IE850A for debugging that requires close trace analysis.
- Rich Variety of Debugging Functions
- As a full-spec. emulator, the IE850 is equipped with a rich variety of debugging functions. Along with basic functions such as stepped execution, breaks and RAM monitoring, it also supports time measurement, tracing and measurement of coverage for more efficient system development.
Specifications of IE850A Main Unit
|Host machine interface||USB (USB2.0, High-speed / Full-speed)|
|Power supply for emulator||Supplied from the AC adapter separately available|
|Emulator main unit external dimensions (mm)||165.1(W) x 115.7(D) x 67(H)|
|Emulator main unit weight||Approx. 800 g|
|Conformance with overseas standards||European Standards: EN 55032 Class A, EN 55024
US FCC Standard: FCC part 15 Class A
- Emulator main unit (IE850A)
- USB interface cable
- Stick for unplugging EA from POD
Specifications of the AC adapter for IE850A vary depending on the region. Be sure to use an adapter designed for your region. AC adapter is not bundled with the IE850A.
You will also need the trace cable for the IE850A to connect it to the target system.
|Trace cable for the IE850A||RTE0T0850AKCAC0000J|
This product can be purchased through the normal sales channels.
|Product Name||Orderable part number|
Information Supporting Development Tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.|
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|