E2 emulator [RTE0T00020KCE00000R]
The new E2 emulator is an advanced on-chip debugging emulator and flash programmer developed based on a concept of "improvement of development efficiency". The download speed is up to twice as fast as the E1 emulator. Moreover, using combinations with the upcoming release solutions will contribute to reduction in development time.
RelatedSupport for the RL78 Family has been introduced, and a new “current consumption tuning solution” is also now available. Learn More >>
For the RH850 Family system, a new "CAN communication time measurement solution" is now available. This solution enables the reduction of debugging times to identify problems. Learn More >>
|Purpose of use||Software to be used||Target devices||Latest Version||Released||Operating Environment|
|V6.00.00||Jul. 20, 2017||Operating Environment|
|V6.1.0||Oct. 18, 2017|
|IAR Embedded Workbench Note1||RH850, RL78||For the details of support for E2, contact IAR Systems.|
|Green Hills Multi Note1||RH850, R-Car D1
||For the details of support for E2, contact Green Hills Software.|
|V3.03.01||Nov. 06, 2017||Operating Environment|
1: As for tools produced by partners, Contact each company directly.
- High-speed download up to twice as fast as E1
The download speed is up to twice as fast as the E1 emulator. This substantially reduces waiting time for downloading the control programs to one-half at a maximum.
- CAN Communication Time Measurement Solution
*For the RH850 Family. Available with CS+ V6 and later versions.
The debugging time to identify problems with CAN communications is reduced.
Learn More >>
Application note >>
- Current consumption Tuning Solution
*For the RL78 Family. Available with CS+ V6 and later versions or e² studio V6 and later versions.
The operation time for tuning of current consumption is reduced.
Learn More >>
See the instroduction video >>
Application note [CS+] >>
Application note [e² studio] >>
- Hot plug-in function available without an optional adapter
Although the E1 emulator required an optional hot plug adapter sold separately to use the hot plug-in function, the E2 emulator does not need it.
- Board interface compatible with that of E1
- The E2 emulator can be connected to the user system that was designed for the E1 emulator because the pin arrangement to be connected to the user system has compatibility with the E1 emulator.
- The optional products for E1 emulator are available. Click here for the details.
Note that some functions shown here may not be supported under the IDE you use. Performance property and Connection system also vary depending on the MCU type.
Memory reference and change while
executing the program
|See On-chip Debuggers Performance Property.|
20-way 1.27mm-pitch cable
[FTSH-110-01-L-DV-K (product of Samtec Inc.)]
*When using the conversion adapter,
14-way 2.54mm-pitch cable
[2514-6002 (product of 3M Limited)]
|PC Interface||USB 2.0, full speed and high speed|
|Target board connection||Via attached user I/F cable (Connection signals vary by the target MCU type.)|
|Power supply||Up to 200mA (1.8V～5.0V)|
|Power voltage||1.8V to 5.5V (depending on the target MCU)|
(Except the protruding parts)
|105.9 mm×64.0 mm×19.5 mm|
|Conformance with overseas standards||European Standards: EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024
US FCC Standard: FCC part 15 Class A
- E2 Emulator main unit
- USB cable
- User's system I/F cable
- Conversion adapter *Converts from 20-pin for E2 to 14-pin for E1.
- Test lead
1：To use the E2 emulator with boards designed for the E1, use the E2’s accompanying conversion adaptor.
Following devices are optionally provided to facilitate the use of the E2 emulators.
Please make sure to choose the devices that match the type of your emulators and MCUs.
- Conversion Adapter : Converts the number and height of the pins in the connector for the connection with the emulator.
- Isolator : Enables debugging in an environment where there is a difference in potential between the user system GND and the host PC GND.
- Low voltage OCD Board : Enables you to debug the target MCU, even if the adapter voltage is not high enough to reprogram internal Flash ROM. This product is used between the emulator and a user's system, and is united by the in-circuit connection with the user's system.
- Debug MCU Board : Enables the incircuit connection of the emulator with the user's system. This board allows you to use enhanced debugging functions. The applicable debugging function varies depending on the MCU type.
Note: Please read references to "E1 emulator" in the manuals for optional products as also meaning "E2 emulator".
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,
receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest
version of tools.
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and
are no longer being offered for new projects.