To start developing using the Synergy Platform, you will require Synergy Software Package and development tools installed on your computer. You could also install some optional specialized software add-ons, libraries, debugging utilities and other tools depending on your requirements.
Sign in to My Renesas
To download software and tools, you will be required to sign in to your My Renesas account. If you do not have an account, please sign upfor one.
Downloading and installing the Synergy Software Package and development tools (required)
Visit the Synergy Software Package and scroll down to the DOWNLOAD section. Click ‘Download Platform Installer’ button. Select and download one of the two platform installers to install the following:
· IAR platform installer – installs Synergy Software Package and IAR Embedded Workbench for Synergy integrated development environment with IAR complier and J-Link USB Drivers.
· e2 studio platform installer – installs Synergy Software Package and eclipse-based e2 studiointegrated development environment with GCC ARM embedded compiler with J-Link Drivers.
· We recommend new users to use the ‘Quick Install’ option provided in the installation wizard, to minimize the amount of manual configuration needed. You can always come back and install additional options later.
· The platform Installer includes the Synergy Software Package as well as the selected development tool. There is no need to install these packages separately.
· For your reference, the Synergy Software Package user manual is also included in both platform installers.
Downloading and installing additional software add-ons and debugging utilities (optional)