The RAA210040 power module is a compact, synchronous step-down, non-isolated complete power supply, capable of delivering up to 4A of continuous current. By operating from a single 2.7V to 5.5V input power rail and integrating the controller, gate driver, power inductor, and MOSFETs, the RAA210040 is optimized for space-constrained applications.
Based on a peak current mode control scheme, the RAA210040 provides fast transient response and excellent loop stability. The output voltage can be set as low as 0.6V, with setpoint accuracy better than 1.5% over line, load, and temperature. The operating frequency has a 2MHz default setting; however, it can also be set from 500kHz to 4MHz by an external resistor. The external synchronization is supported with an external clock signal up to 4MHz. The RAA210040 supports a 100% duty cycle operation to minimize the switching losses and allows less than 200mV dropout voltage. A dedicated enable pin and power-good flag allows for easy system power rails sequencing.
An array of protection features, including input Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO), Overcurrent Protection (OCP), output Overvoltage Protection (OVP), and Over-temperature Protection (OTP), ensures safe operations under abnormal operating conditions.
- 4A complete power supply - Integrates controller, gate driver, MOSFETs, and inductor
- 2.7V to 5.5V input voltage range
- Adjustable output voltage
- Default 2MHz current mode control operation
- Dedicated enable pin and power-good flag
- Internal 1ms soft start-up time
- Soft-stop output discharge
- UVLO, OCP, negative OCP, OVP, and OTP
- Compact RoHS compliant 3mmx3mmx1.7mm dual flat no-lead (DFN) package
- Telecom, Industrial, optical, and medical equipment
- Point-of-load conversions
- MCU, MPU, DSP, and FPGA