The TS5111 DDR5 Temperature Sensor is a new precision temperature sensor targeted at DDR5 RDIMMs, LRDIMMs and some high-end Gaming DIMMs. Due to its high precision, low power and small footprint, the IC is also well suited for any application that requires a temperature sensor, including Solid State Disks (SSD), embedded computing motherboards, portable devices, and communications equipment. The new Temperature Sensor allows these various applications to run at peak efficiency, saving overall power and enhancing reliability and performance with real-time, closed-loop thermal management algorithms.
The TS5111 has programmable warning flags that enable systems to exercise thermal control loop mechanisms such as memory refresh rates, fan seeds, bandwidth throttling and allows for upper and lower temperature limits. With package dimensions of 0.8 x 1.3mm the temperature sensor can be placed in virtually any location where proximity sensing is critical for reliable operation.
The TS5111 supports I²C, SMBUS, as well as the new I3C Basic protocol for data rates up to 12.5 Mbits/sec, and other advanced features like in-band interrupts, parity checking, and packet error checks.
- Two-wire bus serial interface (I2C and I3C operation modes)
- Up to 12.5MHz transfer rate
- Single 1.8V and optionally a 1.0V power supply input
- Packet Error Check (PEC) function
- Parity Error Check function
- 0.5°C accuracy with 0.25°C resolution
- Supports 1.0V, 1.1V, and 1.2V push-pull IO levels
- Supports 1.0V, 1.1V, 1.2V, 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V open-drain IO levels
- Bus Reset function
- Two unique addresses selected by SA pin
- Programmable I2C or I3C bus addressing scheme
- In Band Interrupt (IBI) (Transparent Mode of Operation)