The 89HP0604SB Repeater Evaluation Board is designed to enable quick in-system testing of IDT’s 4-channel, 6Gbps SATA Repeater IC product.
This board provides a 2-lane connection from SATA host through the Repeaters to an HDD, SSD or other SATA device. One of the lanes includes an 18-inch trace segment to emulate PCB connectivity. This Evaluation Board is powered from a standard PC supply 3.3V SATA power connector. It is connected via two SATA cables to a host controller and storage device.
The 89HP0604S Repeater uses pin-strap configuration, and this Evaluation Board implements a three-position DIP switch for simple setting of receiver equalization and transmitter swing and emphasis. Each of the 4-channels is independently configured via the switches.
- Contains one 89HP0604SBZBNRG SAS/SATA Repeater that compensates for PCB trace attenuation and ISI jitter
- 2-lane SATA interface card with full SAS/SATA protocol support
- Short and long 18-inch trace path options
- Simple configuration via DIP switches
- Independent upstream and down-stream Repeater configuration and optimization
- Multiple power connection options
- Card format: 2.375” x 4.5”