The PROFINET IO Device Chip TPS-1 reduces the time and cost efforts for implementing to a minimum and provides device manufacturers with a fast, easy and cost-saving integration of a PROFINET IO device interface.
Renesas Electronics, a leading provider of ultra-modern semiconductor solutions, and Phoenix Contact enter into a strategic partnership. Both companies work together in marketing and distributing the PROFINET IO Device Chip TPS-1 developed both by Phoenix Contact and Siemens. The TPS-1 Chip will be available together with the ERTEC 200/400 PROFINET controllers developed by Siemens through worldwide sales channels of Renesas Electronics.
Within the scope of the planned collaboration, Renesas Electronics builds worldwide distribution and customer support for the PROFINET Device Chip TPS-1 via its distribution network. Phoenix Contact will be responsible for the maintenance and further development of the software components associated with the TPS-1 PROFINET Chip and provide support in answering system-related questions regarding PROFINET and the realization of special customer-specific solutions.
- PROFINET stack, CPU, RAM and PHYs integrated
- Internal 3-Port IRT Switch with 8 priority levels
- Parallel and serial host interface
- PROFINET version 2.3 for RT and IRT
- BGA housing 15 x 15 mm² with 1 mm pitch for inexpensive PCBs
- Approx. 800 mW power dissipation
- Required area: 260 mm² for the complete interface (RJ45)
- Factory automation equipment
- Remote I/O
- Communication module