The ISL70100SEH is a radiation hardened 40V current sense amplifier built on the Renesas proprietary PR40 SOI process. This device has a wide power supply range of 2.7V to 40V. The input common-mode voltage is independent of the supply voltage and extends from -0.3V to 40.0V, making them ideal to use in both high-side and low-side applications.
The ISL70100SEH is a trans-conductance amplifier that monitors current using an external sense resistor and outputs a current proportional to the sensed voltage. The overall voltage gain is adjustable with a single resistor from the output to ground.
This amplifier has an extremely low offset voltage and input bias currents, making it ideal for precision sensing applications. It has a minimum bandwidth of 500kHz with a slew rate of 500µA/µs that makes it useful for current feedback in telemetry applications. When the part is powered down (V+ = V- = 0V), the sense pins (RS+, RS-) are high impedance to avoid loading the monitored circuit.
The part is available in a hermetically sealed 10 Ld ceramic flat-pack package or die form and operates across the full-range military temperature of -55°C to +125°C.
- Power supply range: 2.7V to 40V
- Input common-mode range: -0.3V to 40V
- Transconductance: 2µA/mV (typical)
- ±1% accuracy (TA = 25°C)
- ±1.5% accuracy (TA = -55°C, 125°C)
- Voltage offset: 10µV (typical), V+ = 12V
- Adjustable gain with a single resistor
- Radiation acceptance testing-
- HDR (50-300rad(Si)/s): 100krad(Si)
- LDR (<10mrad(Si)/s): 75krad(Si)
- SEE hardness (see SEE report for details)
- No SEB (V+ = 35V): 86.4MeV•cm2/mg
- No SEB (V+ = 42V): 43.0MeV•cm2/mg
- Electrically Screened to SMD 5962-20212
- High-side or low-side current sensing
- Battery monitoring
- Power management
- Motor control
- Command, telemetry, and control systems