E1 emulator [R0E000010KCE00]
The E1 emulator is an on-chip debugging emulator and flash programmer which supports the major Renesas MCUs. This economical development tool provides basic debugging functionality.. Available optional products, such as the hot-plug-in adaptor, allow you to extend debugging functionality or adjust connections.
|Purpose of use||Software to be used||Target devices Note1||Latest Version||Released||Operating Environment|
RX, RL78, RH850
|V6.01.00||Jan. 22, 2018||Operating Environment|
RX, RL78, RH850 Note3
|V6.2.0||Jan. 22, 2018|
|IAR Embedded Workbench Note2||RX, RL78, RH850||Contact IAR Systems.|
|Green Hills Multi Note2||RH850||Contact Green Hills Software.|
|iSYSTEM winIDEA Note2||RL78, RH850||Contact iSYSTEM.
|V3.04.00||Jan. 22, 2018||Operating Environment|
1: For details when using devices of V850 family, 78K0R, 78K0, or R8C family, see E1/E20 software for V850, 78K0R, 78K0, or R8C MCU >>.
2: As for tools produced by partners, contact them directly.
3: Debug support only (For building, use the IAR Embedded Workbench compiler made by IAR systems or the MULTI compiler made by Green Hills Software,Inc.)
- Affordable yet powerful debugging device that can meet the actual development needs.
Learn more (On-chip Debuggers Performance Property) >>
- Enhanced functions for faster debugging
In addition to basic debugging functions, the E1 supports execution time measurement and hot plug-in functionality (dependent on the MCU) that allows connection to the user system while the program is running.
- Also functions as an on-board programmer.
Can be used as an on-board programming tool after the debugging, enabling smooth evaluation of the MCU.
- Optimally suited for evaluating analogue functions such as A/D and D/A properties.
Electrical characteristics are the same as those of the actual MCU, since the actual MCU is used for debugging.
- Serial, JTAG and LPD connections are supported.
For the communication system, serial, JTAG or LPD connection can be selected as required by the type of the target MCU.
- Simple connection
Connection requires only a connector mounted on the user system, thus significantly reducing the possibility of loose connection.
- Environmentally friendly material
The casing is made of plant-derived polylactide (PLA).
Note that some functions shown here may not be supported under the IDE you use. Performance property and Connection system also vary depending on the MCU type.
Memory reference and change while
executing the program
|See On-chip Debuggers Performance Property.|
|User interface||14-way cable [7614-6002 (product of 3M Co., Ltd.) and 2514-6002 (product of 3M Limited)]|
|PC Interface||USB 2.0, full speed and high speed|
|Target board connection||Via attached user I/F cable (Connection signals vary by the target MCU type.)|
|Power supply||Up to 200mA (3.3V or 5V)|
|Power voltage||1.8V to 5.5V (depending on the target MCU)|
(Except the protruding parts)
|109.4 mm×53.2 mm×18.6 mm|
|Conformance with overseas standards||European Standards: EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024
US FCC Standard: FCC part 15 Class A
- E1 Emulator main unit
- USB cable
- User's system I/F cable
- Software CD-ROM
- Installation guide
- Self-Checking Program
- USB driver
- E1/E20 Emulator User's Manual
Configuração do sistema
Following devices are optionally provided to facilitate the use of the E1 and E20 emulators.
Please make sure to choose the devices that match the type of your emulators and MCUs.
- Conversion Adapter : Converts the number and height of the pins in the connector for the connection with the emulator.
- Hot-plug Adapter : Allows you to connect the emulator without having to turn off the system (Hot Plugin).
- Isolator : Enables debugging in an environment where there is a difference in potential between the user system GND and the host PC GND.
- Low voltage OCD Board : Enables you to debug the target MCU, even if the adapter voltage is not high enough to reprogram internal Flash ROM. This product is used between the emulator and a user's system, and is united by the in-circuit connection with the user's system.
- Debug MCU Board : Enables the incircuit connection of the emulator with the user's system. This board allows you to use enhanced debugging functions. The applicable debugging function varies depending on the MCU type.
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,
receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest
version of tools.
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and
are no longer being offered for new projects.
Finding useful items to know in advance
Problems with debugging
Errors for unknown reasons