The ISL9113 provides a power supply solution for devices powered by three-cell alkaline, NiCd, NiMH or one-cell Li-Ion/Li-Polymer batteries. It offers either a fixed 5V or an adjustable output option for USB-OTG or portable HDMI applications. The device is guaranteed to supply 500mA from a 3V input and 5V output and has a typical 1.3A peak current limit. High 1.8MHz switching frequency allows for the use of tiny, low-profile inductors and ceramic capacitors to minimize the size of the overall solution.
The ISL9113 is an internally compensated, fully integrated synchronous converter optimized for efficiency with minimal external components. At light load, the device enters skip mode and consumes only 20μA of quiescent current, resulting in higher efficiency at light loads and maximum battery life. The device is available in an 8 Ld DFN package and a 6 bump WLCSP.
- Up to 95% efficiency at typical operating conditions
- Input voltage range: 0.8V to 4.7V
- Output current: Up to 500mA (VBAT = 3.0V, VOUT = 5.0V)
- Low quiescent current: 20μA (typical)
- Logic control shutdown (IQ < 1μA)
- Fixed 5V, 5.1V or adjustable output
- 1.2V EN high logic
- Output disconnect during shutdown
- Skip mode under light load condition
- Undervoltage lockout
- Fault protection: OVP (ADJ version only), OTP, short circuit
- 8 Ld 2mmx2mm DFN package and 6 bump 0.8mmx1.36mm WLCSP
- Products including portable HDMI and USB-OTG
- Tablet and mobile internet devices