This product is a real-time operating system (real-time OS) that is an implementation of the μITRON4.0 specification. μITRON is the predominant real-time OS for embedded systems in Japan. Its low resource requirements, outstanding real-time performance, and broad range of service calls make it very suitable for embedded systems requiring true real-time and multi-tasking capabilities.
In addition, its high degree of compatibility with the compiler package from Renesas Electronics and multitasking debugging on the IDE will help you greatly reduce development times and get your products to market more quickly.
- Conformance with the µITRON4.0 Specification
The design conforms with the µITRON4.0 Specification, which prescribes a representative OS architecture for embedded control.
- Real-time performance
Task switching time is 5.6μsec, which is even faster than the previous product. *Time it takes a target task to be activated after a wup_tsk is issued. (SH704x@33.3MHz, when on-chip memory is used) [Learn More]
- Superb functionality
Supports more than 100 service calls, such as the dynamic task generation system call. They support various applications.[Learn More]
The configurator is equipped which makes the setup of OS construction parameters easier.[Learn More]
- Supports the multi-task functionality in High-performance Embedded Workshop
The Debugging Extension is an optional software which supports the following functions:[Learn More]：
- Displaying the states of OS control objects such as tasks, semaphores, etc.
- Issues the service calls for task activation and event flag setting etc.
- Graphically-displayed service call history
- Cooperation with 3rd parties
We provide various solutions to deliver great environments for debugger/application software development, distribution of middleware, customization, and hardware platform etc. in conjunction with our partner vendors.
- Target CPU: SuperH RISC engine Family SH-1, SH-2, SH2-DSP, SH-2A, SH2A-FPU (FPU of the SH-2E is not supported.)
- Supported compiler: C/C++ Compiler Package for SuperH Family
- Learn More