Available at affordable prices though, the Renesas' compact emulator has all the functions needed for the actual development, such as real-time trace and hardware breaks.
The emulator main unit comes in a significantly reduced size, compared with conventional emulator systems. This product package includes not only an emulator main unit and connectors but also the limited cross tools, so, you can program and debug your applications as soon as you open the package.
The compact emulator can be connected to the user system by equipping with accessories such as converter boards accomodate your target MCU. Accessories dedicated to the MCUs may be supplied with the compact emulator. We also prepare combined packages of the compact emulator and accessories you will need for some of the M16C and the H8 families.
*1: Note that the debugger included in the compact emulator for the 4-bit 720 family is not able to use via the High-performance Embedded Workshop interface.
- Emulator main unit
- Emulator debugger
- Limited-edition Cross tools
- Interface cables
- User's manual, etc.
Please prepare a power source unit (5V/2A) for Compact Emulator separately which meets the following specification.
Please check the emulator name and required optional accessories for your target device, before you purchase a compact emulator.
|Supported MCUs||Compact Emulator||Accessories
(Converter board, etc.)
|M16C||M32C/80||M32C/81, 82, 83||Made by Sunny Giken Inc.
Contact Sunny Giken Inc. for the details.
|M32C/80 Note5, 84, 85, 86, 8A Note5||M30850T3-CPE Note4||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|M32C/87||M30870T2-CPE||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|M16C||M16C/80||M16C/80||M30800T-CPE Note2||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|M16C/60||M16C/62A||M30620T-CPE Note2||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|M16C/62P||M3062PT3-CPE||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|M16C/6K (M16C/6K9)||M306K9T2-CPE Note2||-|
|M16C/30||M16C/30P||M3062PT3-CPE||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|M3028BT2-CPE Note3||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|R8C/Tiny||R8C/10 -17, R8C/18, 19
R8C/20 - 29, 2A - 2D
|R0E521000CPE00||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|H8||H8/300H Tiny||H8/3664, H8/3694, H8/3687
H8/36064, H8/36077, H8/36079
|R0E436640CPE00||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|740||38000||M38000T2-CPE Note6||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|720||4500||4508, 4509||M34509T2-CPE Note2||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|4518, 4519||M34519T2-CPE Note2||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|4552, 4553, 4556||M34552T2-CPE Note2||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|4559||M34559T2-CPE Note2||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|455A||M3455AT2-CPE Note2||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|4571||M34571T2-CPE Note2||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|720||4282, 4283||M34282T2-CPE Note2||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
|4286||M34286T2-CPE Note2||Accessories Sold Separately Note7|
- 1. Using with the converter board M306S0T-PRB allows to configure a M3062PT3-CPE emulation system for M16C/6S Group M306S0.
- 2. An emulator debugger come with this product does not use the High-performance Embedded Workshop based graphical interface.
- 3. M3028BT2-CPE is M30290T2-CPE's successor which enables operation at a MCU's maximum operating frequency of 24MHz.
- 4. M30850T3-CPE is M30850T2-CPE's successor which enables debugging at a microprocessor mode by using a dedicated emulation memory board R0E330850MSRC0.
- 5. M32C/80 and M32C/8A groups require a dedicated emulation memory board R0E330850MSRC0 to debug, since these groups support a microprocessor mode only.
- 6. Emulator MCU is required.
- 7. In order to connect to the user system in combination with the compact emulator, accessories are needed to be purchased separately according to the MCU you use. However, some of compact emulators include them in their packages.
Information Supporting Development Tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.|
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|