The ISL9440A, ISL9440B and ISL9440C are quad-output controllers that integrate three PWM synchronous buck controllers and one low-dropout linear regulator controller. The ISL9440A offers internal soft-start, independent enable functions and integrates UV/OV/OC/OT protection. While the ISL9440B and ISL9440C offer programmable soft-start, independent enable functions and integrate OV/OC/OT protection. All three devices offer current mode control architecture and an internal compensation network, keeping peripheral component count minimal.
- DC/DC, step-down with LDO
- Current - output: 6A, 6A, 4A, 800mA
- Switching frequency (ISL9440A and ISL9440C): 600kHz
- Switching frequency (ISL9440B): 300kHz
- Soft-start timing (ISL9440A): 1.7ms
- Soft-start timing (ISL9440B and ISL9440C): Programmable
- Voltage - input: 6V to 16V
- Satellite and cable set-top boxes
- Cable modems
- VoX gateway devices
- NAS/SAN devices
- ATX power supply (ISL9440B and ISL9440C)
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.