The ISL8105AEVAL1Z evaluation board highlights the operations of the ISL8105A controller in a DC/DC application. The evaluation board is configured for an output voltage of 1.8V and 15A maximum load.
The ISL8105, ISL8105A is a simple single-phase PWM controller for a synchronous buck converter. It operates from +5V or +12V bias supply voltage. With integrated linear regulator, boot diode, and N-Channel MOSFET gate drivers, the ISL8105, ISL8105A reduces external component count and board space requirements. These make the IC suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Operates from +5V or +12V Bias Supply Voltage
- 0.6V Internal Reference Voltage
- Integrated MOSFET Gate Drivers that Operate from VBIAS (+5V to +12V)
- Simple Voltage-Mode PWM Control
- Fast Transient Response
- Fixed Operating Frequency
- Fixed Internal Soft-Start with Pre-biased Load Capability
- Lossless, Programmable Overcurrent Protection
- Enable/Disable Function Using COMP/EN Pin
- Output Current Sourcing and Sinking Currents
- 5V or 12V DC/DC Regulators
- Industrial Power Systems
- Telecom and Datacom Applications
- Test and Measurement Instruments
- Distributed DC/DC Power Architecture
- Point of Load Modules
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.