The ISL32740EVAL1Z board evaluates the ISL32740EIBZ (SOICW) isolated, half-duplex RS-485 transceiver, and the ISL32740EVAL2Z board evaluates the ISL32740EIAZ (QSOP) isolated, half-duplex PROFIBUS transceiver in a typical bus node application.
The ISL32740E is a galvanically isolated, high-speed differential bus transceiver, and provides 40Mbps bidirectional data communication for Industrial IoT networks. The device uses Giant Magnetoresistance (GMR) as its isolation technology.
The ISL32740E has 2.5kV of isolation and 600VRMS working voltage, and comes in a very small package, enabling high channel density for PLCs in factory automation applications. The robust ISL32740E offers ultra-low radiated emission and EMI susceptibility and an extended 125°C temperature range.
- Drive capability of up to 160x1/5UL-transceivers (ISL32740EVAL1Z) or 160 bus transceivers (ISL32740EVAL2Z)
- Isolated 3.3V to 5V DC/DC converter with regulated output
- Industry's smallest isolated PROFIBUS transceiver (ISL32740EVAL2Z)
- Small total device footprint of 183mm
- 40Mbps data rate
- 2.5kVRMS isolation/600VRMS working voltage
- 3V to 5V power supplies
- 20ns propagation delay
- 5ns pulse skew
- 50kV/μs (typical), 30kV/μs (minimum) common-mode transient immunity
- 15kV ESD protection
- Low EMC footprint
- Temperature ranges available
- -40°C to +85°C (EIBZ) and -40°C to +125°C (EFBZ)
- Meets or exceeds ANSI RS-485 and ISO 8482:1987(E)
- PROFIBUS compliant
- 16 Ld QSOP or 0.3” true 8mm 16 Ld SOICW packages
- UL 1577 recognized
- VDE V 0884-11 certification pending
- PROFIBUS-DP and RS-485 networks
- Factory automation
- Building environmental control systems
- Industrial/process control networks
- Equipment covered under IEC 61010-1 Edition 3
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.