The Digital Power Monitor (DPM) 8 site evaluation board demonstrates the functionality and performance of the ISL28022. By design, the ISL28022 is considered a digital helper for a variety of applications ranging from energy optimization to diagnostics of complex systems. The design of the DPM evaluation board is generic such that the customer can embed the monitor into their specific application.
The DPM Evaluation kit is accompanied by a graphical user interface (GUI) that allows the user to configure the ISL28022 for monitoring bus voltage and current in a specific application. The GUI has a data save feature allowing the transfer of measurement data to another software application for analysis.
The ISL28022EV1Z evaluation board has 8 sites/channels with one microcontroller that is responsible for the data transaction and configuration for each DPM. The ISL28022 is a slave to the microcontroller via a single I²C/SMBus interface. The ISL28022 has two address pins that allow for 16 individual DPMs to be connected on a single I²C bus. The evaluation board utilizes 8 of the available 16 addresses of the ISL28022.
- Current Sense
- High-side or low-side (RTN) Sensing
- Bi-directional current sensing
- Wide Input Voltage Sense Range: 0V to 60V
- Handles negative system voltage
- 16-bit ΣΔADC Monitors Current and Voltage
- Voltage measuring error: <0.3%
- Current measuring error: <0.3%
- Internal 500kHz clock and adjustable sample rate from 72μs to 64ms
- External Clock Sync available
- Over/Under Voltage and Over Current Fault Monitoring
- Interrupt output pin available
- I2C/SMBus interface
- Supports high speed I2C: 3.4MHz
- 16 slave addresses
- Broadcast I2C measurement command available
- VCC Range: 3V to 5.5V
- ICC: 700μA
- ESD (HBM): 8kV
- Routers and Servers
- Battery Management/Charging
- Power Distribution
- Smart Power
- DC/DC, AC/DC Converters
- Medical & Test Equipment
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.