RAJ240090/RAJ240100 are Renesas Li-ion battery fuel gaugeIC(FGIC)which consistof a MCU device and an AFE device in a single package. Pack with a variety of battery managementfeatures and Renesas RL78 CPU core which has multiple low power modes andcapable of achievinghigh performance in ultra-low power operation. RAJ240090/ RAJ240100 fuel gaugeIC havecontrol firmware stored in embedded flashmemory to controlattached embedded analog and digital circuits to execute battery voltage / current / temperature measurement, remaining capacity estimation, over current / voltage / temperature protection and other battery management operations.
- Fully integrated battery management solution with battery capacity measurement and programmableprotection capability.
- Supports up to 10 Li-ion or Li-Polymer battery cells in series. RAJ240090 supports 3 to 8 series cells, RAJ240100 supports 3 to 10 series cells.
- Integrated with Renesas Ultra Low Power RL78 CPU core for multi-functionprocess
- Memory Code flash memory: 128KB Data flashmemory (up to 100,000 erase/write cycles): 4 KB SRAM: 7KB
- Clock generator High-Speed on-chip oscillator: upto 32 MHz Low speed on-chip oscillator:32 KHz AFE High-Speed on-chip oscillator: 4.194MHz AFE low speed on-chip oscillator: 131.072 KHz
- General Purpose I/O Ports Total: 31 pins CMOS input/output: 20 CMOS input: 4 N-ch open drainInput/output [6V tolerance]: 4 High voltage input/output[VCC tolerance]: 3
- Serial interface CSI (SPI): 2 channels I2C: 1 channel UART: 2 channels Simplified I2C: 2 channels CAN interface (RS-CAN lite): 1 channel
- Timer MCU 16-bit timer: 6channels MCU 12-bit interval timer: 1 channel MCU Real time clock: 1 channel AFE timer: 2 channels AFE timer A:setting range: 125 ms to 64 s AFE timer B:setting range：30.52 us to 125 ms
- Embedded A/D converter AFE 15-bit resolution sigma-delta A/D converter MCU 8/10-bit resolution A/D converter
- Battery cell voltage and temperature (AN port voltage) detection circuit Monitoring over/under voltage and temperature by Sigma-delta AD converter (AFE) without controlling from MCU
- Current integration circuit 18-bit resolution sigma-delta A/D converter
- Impedance measurement circuit Simultaneous measurement of battery voltage and current
- Over current detection circuit Short circuit current detection Charge overcurrent detection Discharge overcurrent detection Charge wakeup current detection Discharge wakeup current detection
- Series regulator 3.3V or 5.0V CREG2 Over 100mA output current by external Nch MOSFET
- Charge and Discharge MOSFET control High side Nch MOSFET drivecircuit embedded Programmable MOSFET control by 8-bit PWM
- Support RTC function To connect External crystal resonator (32.768kHz)and generate internal clock.
- Voltage and temperature condition Power supply voltage: VCC = 4.0 to 50V Operatingambient temperature : TA= -40 to +85°C
- Package Information 64 pin plastic mold LQFP ([Body] 10.0mm x 10.0mm,0.5 mm pitch)