The TW2964 is a low power NTSC/PAL video decoder chip that is designed for video surveillance applications. It consumes very low power in a typical composite input application. The available power down mode further reduces the power consumption. It uses the 1. 0V for digital supply voltage and 3. 3V for I/O and analog power. A single 27MHz crystal is all that needed to decode all analog video standards. The video decoder decodes the base-band analog CVBS into digital 8-bit 4:2:2 YCbCr for output. It consists of analog front-end with input source selection, variable gain amplifier and analog-to-digital converters, Y/C separation circuit, multi-standard color decoder (PAL BGHI, PAL M, PAL N, combination PAL N, NTSC M, NTSC 4. 43) and synchronization circuitry. The Y/C separation is done with high quality adaptive 4H (5-line) comb filter for reduced cross color and cross luminance. The advanced synchronization processing circuitry can produce stable pictures for non-standard signal as well as weak signal.
- WD1 (960H) and D1 compatible video decoding operation and it is programmable each channel
- NTSC (M, 4.43) and PAL (B, D, G, H, I, M, N, N combination), PAL (60) support with automatic format detection
- Software selectable analog inputs allows any of 2 CVBS per one video ADC
- Built-in analog anti-alias filter
- Four 10-bit ADCs and analog clamping circuit for CVBS input
- Fully programmable static gain or automatic gain control for the Y channel
- Programmable white peak control for CVBS channel
- 4-H adaptive comb filter Y/C separation
- PAL delay line for color phase error correction
- Refer to the datasheet for the full list of features.