New Software and Hardware Building Block Solutions Developed for RA Family of 32-bit Arm Cortex-M MCUs
TOKYO, Japan ― Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced the first 10 ready to use partner solutions that support the Renesas Advanced (RA) microcontroller (MCU) Family of 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M MCUs. RA MCUs deliver optimized performance and ease of use with the Flexible Software Package (FSP) and partner building block solutions that work out-of-box to address a range of Internet of Things (IoT) endpoint and edge applications.
The RA MCU ecosystem today has more than 30 partners with continuous investments planned. Each partner’s building block solution will be labelled with the RA READY badge and is designed to solve real-world customer problems. Ready to use RA solutions accelerate time to market by providing plug & play options that enable a variety of IoT capabilities like security, connectivity, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and human machine interface (HMI). Because the RA FSP is an open architecture, it allows customers to re-use their legacy code and combine it with software examples from Renesas and ecosystem partners to easily implement complex IoT capabilities.
“Explosive IoT growth has exponentially increased embedded design complexity over the last few years,” said Kaushal Vora, Director of Strategic Partnerships & Global Ecosystem at Renesas Electronics Corporation. “Due to the dynamic nature of IoT devices combined with growing design problems and shrinking project timelines, designers struggle to deliver on-time products with competitive feature sets. Now, more than ever, customers need a flexible platform design approach leveraging pre-developed building blocks that work out of the box.”
“We are excited to work closely with Renesas to bring to market a broad range of ready to use RA MCU solutions that accelerate various aspects of the IoT,” said Rolf Segger, founder of SEGGER. “Our emWin embedded GUI software, emCrypt, emSecure and Flasher Secure security software, embOS RTOS and middleware give designers all the required tools they need to build their products.”
First 10 Ready to Use RA Partner Solutions Immediately Available:
- Advanced Media Inc. (AMI) and Techno Mathematical Co. (TMC) deliver a smart voice solution using algorithms and decoding for human machine interface communication
- BFG Engineering provides algorithms, hardware, and software in a motor control reference driver platform for home appliances
- CapExt capacitive touch simulation software reduces prototyping time and delivers optimal touch screen performance
- Cyberon offers a voice recognition command and control solution for human machine interface communications
- Cypherbridge Systems provides SDKPac™ secure go-to-cloud connectivity and IoT gateway operation, along with the uLoadXL™ secure bootloader
- GT&T has developed a small, reliable and ready-to-manufacture GPS and Cat-M1/NB-IoT fleet tracking solution
- Reloc provides a production ready Wi-Fi driver enabling connected IoT devices
- SecureRF DOME™ platform provides zero-touch onboarding, authentication, secure firmware update delivery and ownership management for IoT endpoint devices leveraging its quantum resistant Group Theoretic Cryptography (GTC) technology
- SEGGER emWin embedded GUI is integrated out-of-box in the RA FSP to enable the creation of highly efficient and high-quality graphical user interfaces
- Silex provides Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) 5.0 connectivity modules for IoT devices
The RA MCU solution packs are available now from Renesas Electronics. Each solution pack typically includes a 2-page partner brief, short introductory solution video, demo project, and technical documentation.
For more information on the Renesas RA partner ecosystem and RA MCU partner solutions, please visit https://www.renesas.com/ra-partners.
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) delivers trusted embedded design innovation with complete semiconductor solutions that enable billions of connected, intelligent devices to enhance the way people work and live. A global leader in microcontrollers, analog, power, and SoC products, Renesas provides comprehensive solutions for a broad range of automotive, industrial, infrastructure, and IoT applications that help shape a limitless future. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
(Remarks). Arm and Arm Cortex are registered trademarks of Arm Limited in the EU and other countries. SDKPac and uLoadXL are trademarks of Cypherbridge Systems LLC. DOME is a trademark of SecureRF Corporation. All names of products or services mentioned in this press release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.