The Renesas Starter Kit for SH7211 is intended as a user-friendly introductory and evaluation tool for the SH7211 microcontroller.
The board also provides a useful platform for evaluating the Renesas suite of development tools for coding and debugging, using High-performance Embedded Workshop as well as programming the device using E10A emulator.
The Renesas Starter Kit for SH7211 may be connected to the host PC using a simple RS232 serial connection or via the included USB E10A on chip debugging interface.
The purpose of the board is to enable the user to evaluate the capabilities of the device and its peripherals by giving the user a simple platform on which code can be run only minutes from opening box. It can also prove an invaluable tool in development by providing a useful test platform for code already debugged using one of our more powerful emulation tools.
Renesas Starter Kit for SH7211 Product Limitation (06 Jun 2007)
A limitation has been discovered with the Microcontroller used on a batch of Renesas Starter Kit for SH7211 products.
Part Number: R0K572115S000BE
Serial Numbers Affected: 67831 - 67930 inclusive
Batch No.: 100002464 (found on barcode label on product box)
The following failures occur in User Program Mode:
(1) A power-on reset, with the FWE pin = low, causes the MCU to be set to User Mode. Once set in User Mode the MCU cannot shift to User Program Mode even if the FWE pin is driven high.
(2) A power-on reset, with the FWE pin = high and the MD1 pin = high, causes the MCU to be fixed to User Program Mode. Once fixed to User Program Mode the MCU cannot shift to User Mode even if the FWE pin is driven low. In addition, the frequency control register (FRQCR) is fixed to the initial value, H'1000 (Iφ:Bφ:Pφ = 4:4:4), in User Program Mode, and cannot be changed once fixed.
If you have any of the affected Renesas Starter Kit products and would like to receive an updated board please contact Renesas Electronics Europe Tools Support at email@example.com giving the serial number(s) of your Renesas Starter Kit(s) along with your contact details. We will then contact you with further information.
- CPU Board
- Detachable LCD Display Module
- Detachable AD Adjustment Shaft
- E10A-USB for Starter Kit (a special emulator for only Renesas Starter Kit products.)
- Connection Cable (USB Cable, User Interface Cable)
- Multi region 5 V power supply
- Quick Start Guide
- Documents: User Manual, Tutorial, and more
- IDE: High-performance Embedded Workshop
- C/C++ Compiler: C/C++ Compiler Package for SuperH Family Evaluation Version
- Debugger: E10A-USB Emulator Debugger
Evaluation versions differ from their full-versions in functionality and performance. And technical support services are NOT available.
This product can be purchased through the normal sales channels.
|Renesas Starter Kit for SH721||E10A||R0K572115S001BE||Available|
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|