The ISL8500EVAL1Z and ISL8500EVAL2Z REV A kits are intended for use by individuals with requirements for point-of-load (POL) applications sourcing from 4.5V to 25V and 9V to 14V respectively. These evaluation boards are used to demonstrate the performance of the ISL8500 standard buck regulator.
The ISL8500 is offered in a 4mm x 3mm 12 Ld DFN package with 1mm maximum height. The complete converter occupies an area of less than 0.425in2.
- Standard buck controller with integrated switching power MOSFET
- Integrated boot diode
- Input voltage range
- Fixed 5V ±10% (ISL8500EVAL1Z)
- Variable 5.5V to 25V (ISL8500EVAL1Z)
- Variable 9V to 14V (ISL8500EVAL2Z)
- PWM output voltage adjustable from the following voltages with continuous output current up to 2A:
- 0.6V to 20V (ISL8500EVAL1Z)
- -12.6V to -0.6V (ISL8500EVAL2Z)
- Voltage mode control with voltage feed forward
- Fixed 500kHz switching frequency
- Externally adjustable soft-start time
- Output undervoltage protection
- PGOOD output
- Overcurrent protection
- Thermal overload protection
- Internal 5V LDO regulator
- General purpose
- WLAN cards-PCMCIA, Cardbus32, MiniPCI cards - Compact Flash cards
- Hand-held instruments
- LCD panels
- Set-top boxes
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase|
Note :Distributor Prices may vary from the stated budgetary price. The pricing and availability information on this site is based on information provided by Renesas’ authorized distributors and is subject to change without notice. By selecting a distributor from this page, you will be redirected from the Renesas site to the distributor’s website to complete a purchase. The distributors are independent from Renesas and maintain their own terms and conditions of sale. Renesas disclaims all representations and warranties, express and implied, with respect to transactions between distributors and their end customers.
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.