Modern Slavery Act Transparency Statement
Renesas Electronics Europe Ltd/GmbH
Modern Slavery Act 2015 Statement
Renesas Electronics Europe Ltd., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Renesas Electronics Corporation, Kawasaki/Japan, has its headquarters in Bourne End/UK. The main business activity is to provide leading system design in the UK, to be utilized in customer products and projects inside the Renesas Group world-wide.
Renesas Electronics Europe Ltd. has a wholly owned subsidiary Renesas Electronics Europe GmbH, Düsseldorf.
The headquarters of Renesas Electronics Europe GmbH are located in Düsseldorf. It also has European branches in the UK; France, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Finland and Denmark as well as a representative office in Turkey.
The business activities of Renesas Electronics Europe GmbH mainly comprise the purchase of semiconductors and other electronic components from manufacturing companies of the Renesas Group and the sale of these products to direct customers and distribution in Europe. Renesas Electronics Europe GmbH´s direct customers are well-known manufacturers of electronic products in the automotive, communications, consumer goods and other industries.
The role of the branches is to provide customer support and other pan-European activities, such as marketing and product innovation to support the European business.
Renesas Electronics Europe GmbH is organized into pan-European business groups which align their activities to the needs of key market segments. These are the Automotive Business Group (ABG) as well as the Industrial & Communications Business Group (ICBG), which also includes the distribution channels for small and medium-sized companies.
Renesas Electronics Europe GmbH’s Engineering Group conducts technical development activities. The division comprises leading semiconductor design in Düsseldorf and system design in the UK. The European Quality Centre complements the portfolio, indicating a strong focus on product and service quality in Europe.
We are committed to conducting business ethically and to ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our business or in our supply chains.
We have in place a number of company and group policies which address issues relevant to slavery and human trafficking, including:
- the Renesas Group Code of Conduct
- Renesas Electronics CSR report
- Supply Chain CSR Deployment Guidebook and Renesas Procurement Policy
- written employment practices and procedures which ensure fair recruitment and treatment of employees
- a written whistleblowing procedure to encourage employees to report concerns of malpractice, which would include any concerns related to slavery and human trafficking issues
In the last financial year we have taken, and are continuing to take, the following steps to address the issue of modern slavery:
- we have a continuous participation in the UN Global Compact, which was established by the United Nations in March 2008
- we are running a CSR Promotion Committee to advance our CSR activities, including suppliers and distributors
- we conduct promotion of CSR Procurement
- we are maintaining a Renesas Electronics Group Code of Conduct and conducting activities to provide training related to and raise awareness of compliance
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes Renesas Electronics Limited's/GmbH´s slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ended 31 March 2016.
Board of Director
29 August 2016