Low-pin-count (78K0S/Kx1+) microcontrollers are low-end Microcontrollers.
The flash only products include OSC and comprehensive development tools.
- Operating voltage: VDD = 2.0 to 5.5 V
* Use these products in the following voltage range because the detection voltage (VPOC) of the POC circuit is the
- supply voltage range.
- Standard product, (A) grade product: 2.2 to 5.5 V, (A2) grade product: 2.26 to 5.5 V
- Max. Frequency 10 MHz
- ROM capacities: 1 KB to 8 KB flash memory
- RAM capacities: 128 bytes to 256 bytes
- Package: 10 pin plastic SSOP, 16-pin Plastic SSOP, SDIP and WLBGA package, 20 pin plastic SSOP and plastic SDIP package, 30-pin Plastic SSOP and 32-pin SDIP package"
- 78K0S CPU core
- Minimum instruction execution time: 0.2 μs (with 10 MHz @4.0 to 5.5 V operation)
- High-speed system clock (Selected from the following three sources)
- Ceramic/crystal resonator: 2 to 10 MHz (Standard product, (A) grade product) / 2 to 8 MHz ((A2) grade product)
- External clock: 2 to 10 MHz (Standard product, (A) grade product) / 2 to 8 MHz ((A2) grade product)
- High-speed internal oscillator: 8 MHz ±3% (-10 to +70°C), 8 MHz ±5% (Standard product, (A) grade product: -40 to +85°C, (A2)grade product: -40 to +125°C)
- Low-speed internal oscillator 240 kHz (TYP.) Watchdog timer, timer clock in intermittent operation
- I/O ports:
- 8 : 10-pin products
- 14 (CMOS I/O: 13, CMOS input: 1) : 16-pin products
- 17 (CMOS I/O: 15, CMOS input: 1, CMOS output: 1) : 20-pin products
- 26 (CMOS I/O: 24, CMOS input: 1, CMOS output: 1) : 30-pin products
- Timer: 3/4 channels
- 16-bit timer/event counter: 1 channel Timer output x 1, capture input x 2
- 8-bit timer: 2 channels PWM output x 1
- Watchdog timer: 1 channel Operable with low-speed internal oscillation clock
- Serial interface: UART (LIN (Local Interconnect Network) bus supported) 1 channel
- 10-bit resolution A/D converter: 0/4 channels
- On-chip power-on-clear (POC) circuit (A reset is automatically generated when the voltage drops to 2.1 V (TYP.) or below)
- On-chip low voltage detector (LVI) circuit (An interrupt/reset (selectable) is generated when the detection voltageis reached)
- Detection voltage: Selectable from ten levels between 2.35 and 4.3 V
- Single-power-supply flash memory
- Flash self programming enabled
- Software protection function: Protected from outside party copying (no flash reading command)
- Time required for writing by dedicated flash memory programmer: Approximately 3 seconds (4 KB)
* Flash programming on mass production lines supported
- Safety function
- Watchdog timer operated by clock independent from CPU (A hang-up can be detected even if the system clock stops)
- Supply voltage drop detectable by LVI (Appropriate processing can be executed before the supply voltage drops below the operation voltage)
- Equipped with option byte function (Important system operation settings set in hardware)
- Assembler and C language supported
- Enhanced development environment
- Support for full-function emulator (IECUBE), on-chip debug emulator (MINICUBE2), and simulator
- Operating temperature range:
- Standard product, (A) grade product: TA = -40 to +85°C
- (A2) grade product: TA = -40 to +125°C
Pin Count / Memory Size Lineup:
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
You can find an explanation of orderable part numbers here.
Resources for Software and Hardware
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas products.|
|Video||Watch videos related to this product.|
Software Design Support
|PM+||The PM+ (Project Manager) is an integrated development environment platform to efficiently develop the user program for 78K0S microcontrollers.|
|MINICUBE2||A multi-function emulator (on-chip debugging + flash programming) which is small (48x48 mm2), light-weight, low priced. This single unit covers it all from debugging to mass production.|
Hardware Design Support
|Characteristics data||Information on observed values. Please use this as reference data when developing your set.|
The information contained herein has been provided by a member of Renesas Partners. This information is provided on the Renesas website provided for convenience and informational purposes only. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of this page or any changes or updates to the information posted on this page. Certain links provided herein permit you to leave this site and enter non-Renesas sites. These linked sites are not under control of Renesas. Renesas is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Renesas of any linked site.
Renesas's Publication of information regarding third-party products or services does not constitute an endorsement regarding the suitability of such products or services or a warranty, representation or endorsement of such products or services either alone or in combination with any of Renesas's product or service.