Hear Renesas Experts Address Low-Power Embedded Design and Visit Booth #603 for Renesas' Latest Technology Demonstrations
SANTA CLARA, Calif., August 20, 2013 — Renesas Electronics America, a premier provider of advanced semiconductor solutions, will showcase its microcontroller (MCU) expertise at the 2013 Embedded System Conference (ESC) Brazil, August 27-28 at the Transamerica Expo Center in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Renesas will present various solutions designed to enable a Smart Society. These will include the latest MCU solutions optimized for low-power applications such as portable medical electronics, home appliances, display, and motor control. Product demonstrations will be held in booth #603.
Renesas’ Mitch Ferguson, Director, Durham Applications Engineering, is scheduled to speak about “Analog Interfaces for Low-Power Design” on Wednesday, August 28 at 2:15 PM (UTC) in Room 1.
Renesas will address MCU design tips further during the sponsored sessions program:
- “True Low-Power™ Concept—Implementing powerful embedded controls with minimum energy requirements”—presented by Hueliquis Fernandes, Office and Marketing Manager at Renesas Electronics Brazil.
Date/Time: Tuesday, August 27 at 1:00 PM (UTC)
- “The Future of MCUs—What you should ask your MCU supplier for your next embedded design”—presented by Semir Haddad, Director of Marketing, Microcontrollers at Renesas Electronics America.
Date/Time: Wednesday, August 28 at 1:00 PM (UTC)
- RX100 – True Low Power™: Highlighting the core difference of its 32-bit RX MCU family, the first demo will feature Renesas' RX100 promotion board, which features the RX111 MCU and provides a graphic user interface (GUI) along with all the software necessary to experience the capability of this powerful device: True Low Power™, USB HOST and FUNCTION capability, and battery operation. The second demo will showcase the family’s ability to cycle through run mode and software stand-by.
- RL78 – Low Power Display Solution: Featuring the RL78/L12 MCU, this demo will highlight the ultra-low power consumption the RL78/L12 can achieve – while still operating the LCD display – by operating the MCU’s low-power standby mode (Stop/Halt/Snooze) with a GUI.
- Power of Two with Micrium: This demo will highlight the smooth integration of Micrium’s real-time operating system and middleware with Renesas’ RX62N and RX63N MCUs.
- Wireless MCU Control: Featuring Renesas’ RL78/G14 MCU paired with Gainspan’s WiFi module and Micrium’s ucProbe and GUI, this demo will show users how to control an RDK board with the RL78 MCU either physically on the device or remotely through wireless technology.
For more information, follow Renesas Electronics America at @RenesasAmerica on Twitter or http://www.facebook.com/RenesasAmerica.
About Renesas Electronics America Inc.
Renesas Electronics America Inc., headquartered in Santa Clara, California, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), the world's number one supplier of microcontrollers and a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions including microcontrollers, SoC solutions, and a broad range of analog and power devices. In the Americas, Renesas Electronics America markets and sells industrial-type active-matrix LCD modules from NEC LCD Technologies, Ltd., a global leader in innovative display technologies. More information about the products offered by Renesas Electronics America can be found at www.renesas.com.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.