20 Apr 2016
Tokyo, Japan, April 20, 2016 — Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723, “Renesas”) expresses its sincere sympathy and condolences to the victims of the earthquake in Kumamoto Prefecture and the surrounding areas in Kyushu.
Renesas established an emergency task force at the headquarters office immediately after the earthquake and has been continuously working to collect and assess information, while also considering necessary actions and recovery measures.
Regarding the status of the Renesas' offices and factories impacted by the earthquake, it accelerated the release of the resumption of operations schedule for the Kawashiri Factory (originally targeting on or near April 21) to release the schedule today. The schedule for resumption of operation is as follows.
- Renesas Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Kawashiri Factory (Kumamoto city, Kumamoto)
- Following the main quake on April 16, Renesas resumed investigations inside the clean room. Having completed a thorough assessment, Renesas has decided to resume production of some of the manufacturing processes starting April 22. Renesas highly appreciates the kind understanding and support of the customers, partner companies and all those affected by this matter. Assuming that there is no massive aftershock and significant change in the state of material procurement situations, Renesas, in accordance with the BCP (Business Continuity Plan), aims to resume productions of other remaining processes step by step to reach full pre-earthquake production capacity at an earliest possible date.
- All of the Group's other manufacturing sites located in Kumamoto Prefecture and the surrounding areas (Nishiki Factory, Oita Factory and Yamaguchi Factory)
- All the factories are maintaining normal operations. Renesas will make an announcement if any updated information becomes available.
- Impact on Renesas' overall supply chain including the suppliers and partner companies, etc.
- Following the main quake that occurred on April 16, further damage has been confirmed at some of the subcontractor companies. Renesas in cooperation with its suppliers and partner companies is accelerating recovery efforts, while also considering the production at alternate manufacturing sites, to achieve an early recovery of the supply chain.
Please refer to the past notices up to UPDATE 5 regarding the Kumamoto earthquake.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.