Visit Booth #1801 for Renesas Technology Demonstrations and Theater Presentations
02 May 2011
SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 2, 2011-Renesas Electronics America Inc. will showcase its embedded semiconductor technologies at Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Silicon Valley 2011 (booth #1801), May 2-5, in the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California. Demonstrations will highlight several of the company's microcontroller (MCU)-based solutions optimized for applications such as portable home healthcare, motor control, connectivity, human-machine interface (HMI) and security. The company also will demonstrate its SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology for higher speed data transfer capability in addition to others.
Renesas Booth Theater Presentations
In addition to the demonstrations, Renesas Electronics America will host a series of presentations in its booth every half hour throughout the week, including highlights on its RL78 MCU family, RX MCU family and solution kits, capacitive touch solutions, and ecosystem partner solutions.
RX MCU Design Contest Winners Announced
Renesas Electronics America and its contest partners will announce the winners of the RX MCU Design Contest on Wednesday, May 4 at 2:30 p.m. in the ESC Theater. The event will conclude the design contest that was launched in October 2010 and will award the winners with monetary and product prizes. Entries were judged based on a combination of usefulness, technical merit, cost effectiveness, documentation/video, originality and public input. A complete list of the winners and their projects will be posted on the Renesas Electronics America website after the recognition event.
Renesas Product and Technology Demonstrations
- RL78 MCUs: Demonstrations will be shown of low power and Wi-Fi connectivity while interfacing to a number of environmental sensors. Visitors can view the features via the USB stick demonstrations.
- RX200 MCU Series: Demonstrations will introduce these MCUs and show how 0.21mA per DMIPs can be achieved.
- RX Direct-Drive TFT-LCD Solution: Processing performance of the RX CPU and the utility of its external DMA controller will be showcased, showing how graphic information is moved with minimal loading on the RX CPU.
- RX Development Kits: Wi-Fi, motor control, Ethernet, accelerometer, and solutions from ecosystem partners Micrium and IAR will be demonstrated.
- Capacitive Touch/Haptic Solutions: Demonstrations will show innovative HMIs using touch control and haptic technology.
- Continua Demonstration Platform for the V850 MCUs: Demonstrations will showcase how the low-power V850 supports the Continua medical software without sacrificing battery life―critical for portable medical devices.
- Multimedia Solutions: Demonstrations will be shown for HD video encode and playback capabilities using the SH7724 MPU and ARM9 Cortex-based EMMA Mobile EV2.
- Also on display will be NFC/security solutions; USB 3.0, and analog and power management devices; and LCD display modules designed for use with industrial and medical equipment.
ESC Paper Presentation
Rounding out Renesas Electronics America’s activities at ESC will be a paper presentation, "Overcoming Touch Key Design Challenges with Hardware-Assisted Solution," given by Sridhar Lingam, on Thursday, May 5 at 2:00 p.m. in Room J1.
Ranked #1 Supplier Worldwide for Microcontrollers
Renesas Electronics Corporation again has been ranked by Gartner as the number one MCU supplier worldwide based on revenues from shipments in 2010 for 8-, 16- and 32-bit microcontrollers in the March 2011 market share report*. More information about Renesas Electronics' MCU offerings can be found at http://.renesas.com/prod/mcumpu/.
Additional information about Renesas Electronics America’s complete semiconductor lineup can be found at http://renesas.com/prod/.
About Renesas Electronics America Inc.
Renesas Electronics America Inc., headquartered in Santa Clara, California, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), the world's number one supplier of microcontrollers and a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions including microcontrollers, SoC solutions, and a broad range of analog and power devices. In the Americas, Renesas Electronics America markets and sells industrial-type active-matrix LCD modules from NEC LCD Technologies, Ltd., a global leader in innovative display technologies. More information about the products offered by Renesas Electronics America can be found at www.renesas.com/.
* Source: Gartner "Market Share: Semiconductor Devices, Worldwide, 2010" March 2011.
The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.