The ISL78264 is a dual buck controller that can operate across a wide VIN range of 3.75V to 42V. It is designed to support wide duty-cycle operation for switching frequencies from 200kHz up to 2.2MHz. To mitigate EMI, it supports synchronization to an external clock or programmable spread spectrum clocking. Its current-mode modulator is ideally suited to tolerate severe line transients. Also, the ISL78264 supports dropout operation and low 25ns on-time to operate through automotive cranking and load dump pulses.
The ISL78264 integrates robust MOSFET drivers and readily supports step-down applications requiring high output currents in normal operation. For applications that must also sustain extremely low power, always-on operation, its energy conservation mode can reduce operating current to 6µA. Integrated feedback for VOUT1 is provided for 3.3V or 5V applications to eliminate the current otherwise flowing in external feedback resistors. An automatic switchover to an external supply is also supported to maximize efficiency. A blocking diode is activated after startup to prevent the external supply from back-biasing a low input voltage at VIN.
The ISL78264 is qualified to AEC-Q100 Grade 1, specified to operate across an ambient temperature range of -40°C to 125°C, and is available in a 5mmx5mm, 32 Ld WFQFN (Wettable Flank) package.
- VIN operating range: 3.75V to 42V
- Low quiescent current: 6µA typical, one channel
- Switching frequency: 200kHz to 2.2MHz
- Dropout mode for high duty-cycle operation
- 25ns on-times for low duty-cycle operation
- External synchronization
- Programmable spread spectrum clocking
- 180° phase shift between channels
- 2A Sourcing/3A sinking MOSFET drivers
- Boot UVLO and programmable boot refresh time
- Extensive protection mechanisms for OV/UV/OC/OT
- Automotive 12V Systems
- Infotainment/Multimedia Systems
- Cockpit safety systems
- Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS)