The R-Car V3M is an SoC that is primarily for front camera applications, but also surrounds view systems or even lidars; and, it enables NCAP (New Car Assessment Program) features. NCAP (New Car Assessment Program) is a government car safety program tasked with evaluating new automobile designs for performance against various safety threats.
A challenge for front cameras is how to provide high performance for computer vision while supporting low power consumption and a high level of functional safety. Since front cameras are mounted next to the windshield, the rise in temperature due to not only the heat generated by the components themselves but also direct sunlight must be taken into consideration. Thus, the requirements for low power consumption are especially stringent. The R-Car V3M solves this challenge and improves the power efficiency of camera system development.
- Low power consumption and highly-efficient image recognition engine
- High-speed processing of algorithms like optical flow, object detection and classification, and convolutional neural networks
- Dual Arm® Cortex®-A53 for application programming and dual Cortex-R7 lockstep cores to run AUTOSAR
- Integrated ISP enables high level of integration for reduced cost
- Open solution for front camera supported by Renesas and its ecosystem of partners
- Surround View Systems