R9A06G037 is a high performance NB-PLC (Narrow Band Power Line Communication) modem IC.
R9A06G037 integrates a high performance DSP core and a MCU core (Arm® Cortex®-M3).
The DSP core mainly handles PLC PHY layer protocol and the ARM core handles the upper layer protocol. R9A06G037 can support a variety of PLC protocols such as G3-PLC (CENELEC, ARIB and FCC), PRIME and many others.
- High performance DSP
- Handles PLC PHY layer and other real time operations
- 276MHz maximum clock frequency
- 128KB of instruction RAM and 128KB of data RAM
- Dedicated instructions for Vitervi, read Solomon and other
- MCU (Arm® Cortex®-M3)
- Handles PLC MAC layer and upper layer operation
- 138 MHz maximum clock frequency
- 512KB of RAM
- AES128 encryption and decryption hardware engine
- CRC hardware engine
- 16KB of shared memory
- Analog Front End circuit
- Tx filter
3rd order filter
150KHz for CENELEC and 600KHz for ARIB and FCC cutoff frequency
- Rx variable amplifier
-18dB to +60dB dynamic range with 2dB step
Auto Gain Control controlled by DSP
Delta – sigma type of ADC
- Programmable and Multiplexed General-Purpose Input/Output (GPIO) Pins
UART(2ch), CSI(2ch), IIC, Serial-ROM-IF(Single/Dual/Quad), PWM(2ch) and GPIO(16)
- Integrated regulator : 3.3V input and 1.1V output
- Power Supply Voltage : 3.3V
- PKG : 64-pin QFN, 9mm x 9mm, 0.5mm pitch
- Operating Temperature : -40 to +85℃
Below is an example of system configuration of PLC module using R9A06G037.
(Single ended input / differential output case)