Projects that have been created using the e² studio can be ported to the CS+ environment in either of the following two ways.
|Process||Convert an Existing Project||Create a New Project|
|Source file registration||Automatic||Manual|
|Option setting||(Partially) automatic||Manual|
|Source file folder location||Automatic||No care needs to be taken regarding the file registration location.|
|Conflict between source files and automatically generated files||Files should be modified after a project is created.||Care should be taken regarding conflict at manual file registration.|
Convert an Existing Project to Create a New Project With CS+
CC-RL and CC-RX projects created in the e² studio can be converted into CS+ projects by using the export function of the e² studio to output them as Renesas common project files (*.rcpc).
- Select a project in the e² studio, right-click to produce the pop-up menu, and select [Export…].
- Select [Renesas Common Project File] as the destination for export and output the project file.
- Specify the exported project file (*.rcpc) from the project that is to be converted for CS+. Select [Open Existing e² studio/CubeSuite/High-performance Embedded Workshop/PM+ Project] in the startup screen of CS+.
- Select “Project File for e² studio (*.rcpc)".
- Select a project that is to be converted in the [Project Convert Settings] dialog box of CS+. Then, specify [Microcontroller], [Kind of project], [Project name], and [Place] that are used in the converted project. After that, Converting the project starts once you click on [OK].
Create a New Project in CS+ and Register Existing Source Files
- Click on [Create New Project] in the startup screen of CS+.
- In the [Create Project] dialog box of CS+, select the type of microcontroller in [Microcontroller] and the particular device in [Using microcontroller], labelled (1) and (2) at right, set a name for the project in [Project name] and the place where it is to be stored in [Place], both labelled (3), and then click on the [Create] button.
- For example, select [RH850] and [RH850/E1L] for [Microcontroller] and [Using microcontroller], respectively.
- A screenshot of the CS+ window right after creating a new project
- Add the existing source files to the file branch of the [Project Tree]. New files can also be added.
- You can also add files by dragging and dropping on the file category in the project tree.