Enhance window security with the Window Alarm with Buzzer reference design featuring the Renesas RL78/G10 low pin count, compact, low power general-purpose microcontroller.
This is a solution that could be installed on windows and door entrances, etc. When a vibration caused by an outside force is detected, an alarm will sound to scare off intruders.
This Window Alarm with Buzzer solution features the RL78/G10 general-purpose MCU's functions such as external interrupt, timer module, buzzer output controller, and watchdog timer. In a normal situation when there is no vibration to a window, the device will enter STOP mode. When vibration is detected, it will release from STOP mode and sound an alarm. With the RL78/G10 STOP mode function, power consumption is suppressed, allowing battery life to last longer. The Window Alarm with Buzzer can play a defensive and alarm role for ordinary house doors and windows, as well as large glass windows, glass cabinets and booths.
- Minimum instruction execution time: Can be changed from high speed (0.05μs at 20MHz operation with high-speed on-chip oscillator) to low speed (1.0μs at 1MHz operation)
- General-purpose registers: 8-bit register × 8
- ROM: 1KB to 4KB, RAM: 128B to 512B
- Selectable high-speed on-chip oscillator clock: 20/10/5/2.5/1.25 MHz (TYP.)
- On-chip debug function
- On-chip selectable power-on-reset (SPOR) circuit
- On-chip watchdog timer (operable with the dedicated low-speed on-chip oscillator)
- On-chip key interrupt function: 6 key interrupt input pins
- On-chip clock output/buzzer output controller
- On-chip BCD (binary-coded decimal) correction circuit
- I/O port: 8
- 8/16-bit timer: 2 channels
- Serial interface
- CSI: 1 channel
- UART: 1 channel
- Simplified I2C communication: 1 channel
- 8/10-bit resolution A/D converter: 4 channels
- Standby function: HALT or STOP mode
- Power supply voltage: VDD = 2.0V to 5.5V
- Operating ambient temperature: TA = -40 °C to +85 °C
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.