The ISL8002BDEMO1Z kit is intended for point-of-load applications sourcing from 2.7V to 5.5V. The ISL8002BDEMO1Z demo board is used to demonstrate the performance of the ISL8002B low quiescent current mode converter.
The ISL8002B is a highly efficient, monolithic, synchronous step-down DC/DC converter that can deliver up to 2A of continuous output current from a 2.7V to 5.5V input supply. It uses peak current mode control architecture to allow very low duty cycle operation. ISL8002B operates at a 2MHz switching frequency, thereby providing superior transient response and allowing for the use of small inductor. ISL8002B also has excellent stability.
- Small, compact design
- VIN range of 2.7V to 5.5V
- VOUT adjustable from 0.6V up to 80% of VIN
- IOUT maximum is 2A
- External soft-start programmable
- Output tracking and sequencing
- Overcurrent and short-circuit protection
- Over-temperature/thermal protection
- General purpose point-of-load
- DC/DC Set-top boxes and cable modems
- FPGA power
- DVD, HDD drives, LCD panels, TV