The ISL68200DEMO1Z is a 6-layer board demonstrating a compact 17mmx17mm 20A synchronous buck converter. Transient performance, fault protections, DC/AC regulations, PMBus programming, power sequencing, margining and other features can be evaluated using this board.
The ISL68200 is a single-phase synchronous buck PWM controller featuring Intersil’s proprietary R4™ Technology, which has extremely fast transient performance, accurately regulated frequency control and all internal compensation. The ISL68200 supports a wide 4.5V to 24V input voltage range and a wide 0.5V to 5.5V output range. It includes programmable functions and telemetries for easy use and high system flexibility using SMBus, PMBus, or I2C interface.
The PMBus dongle (ZLUSBEVAL3Z), i.e., USB-to-PMBus™ adapter, and USB cable are included in the demonstration kit. Intersil’s PowerNavigator™ evaluation software can be installed from Intersil’s website and evaluate the full PMBus functionality of the part using a PC running Microsoft Windows 7 or 8.
- 20A synchronous buck converter with PMBus control
- On-board transient load with adjustable di/dt
- Configurable through resistor pins
- Cascadeable PMBus connectors
- Integrated LDOs for single rail solution
- Enable switch and power-good indicator
- All ceramics solution with SP capacitor footprint option
- High efficiency and high density POL digital power
- FPGA, ASIC and memory supplies
- Datacenter: servers, storage systems
- Wired infrastructure: routers/switches/optical networking
- Wireless infrastructure: base station