Features of digital power supply
Renesas offers digital power and analog solutions for baselights / downlights / outdoor lights. Features of the digital power supply include a reduction in the number of components, a shorter development period, and improved power supply performance. See Digital Power Supply Features for more information. Renesas provides the LED lighting evaluation environment and software evaluation environment required for developing digital power supplies. Strong support for customer development
Digital Power Supply Configuration Example: RL78/I1A AC/DC full digital evaluation board
This is a 1-chip MCU-based solution that provides the PFC control, multi-channel LED control, and communication and sensor-based dimming and toning control, which are necessary for base lights/ceiling lights.
Whereas analog ICs require adjustments using external components when the system control must be modified, the 1-chip MCU-based full digital solution can accommodate such changes through modification to the control software. Therefore, a common circuit design can be applied to different sets of specifications for the construction of power board platforms.
Evaluate LED dimming/toning control using the RL78/I1A
- Powered by AC100V-240V
- up to 6 channels can be controlled with individual 16 bit dimming
- LED power: max. 90 W (30 W/ch)
- LED Vf total: max. 90 V/ch, LED current: max. 350 mA/ch
- Dimmer interface: DALI and DMX512 communications, IR sensor, switch × 3 ch
- On-chip debugging and flash rewriting capable (via USB cable or E1 emulator）
- Supports the software auto-generation tool Applilet EZ Lighting design GUI
- Support IEC61000-3-2 Class C, CISPR15
- IEC61347/60950 compliant design