The IECUBE for RL78 Family is a high-performance full-spec emulator for the RL78 MCU family. It provides high-performance debugging functions such as time measurement, coverage, and trace. In addition, a self-testing function detects faults in the IECUBE and performs maintenance.
|Software to be used||Target devices||Latest Version||Released||Operating Environment|
*Evaluation Software Download
List of Functions Supported by CS+
|V8.04.00||Jul. 20, 2020||Operating Environment|
*See "Target devices".
|Jul. 20, 2020|
|Apr. 20, 2020|
|IAR Embedded Workbench Note1||RL78||For the details, contact IAR Systems.|
- As for tools produced by partners, Contact IAR Systems.
Details of upgrade (See Tool News)
- Simple setup
- Full-spec emulator and emulation board in a single unit
- Rich debugging functions
- Enhanced time measurement and real-time RAM monitoring functions
- Enhanced maintenance features
- Self-testing function to detect faults in the IECUBE and performs maintenance
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to carry. Fits in the palm of your hand.
- Real-Time RAM Monitor Function
- Updates RAM values in real time.
- Trace Function with Time Tag Function
- The time per instruction unit can be recorded in the trace window.
- Performance Measurement Function
- Measures the time required for program functions to execute.
- Coverage Measurement Function
- The executed ratio can be measured for specific functions and actions.
- Emulator main unit (IECUBE)
- Software CD-ROM (USB driver is included)
- USB interface cable
- User's Manuals
For development work, a power supply adapter and optional products such as probe or socket compatible with the target device, all sold separately, are required. Refer to the system configuration example below for details.
System Configuration Example
Optional Products (Sold Separately)
- Emulation Probe (Required)
- Exchange Adapter (Required)
- Space Adapter
- YQ Connector (Required)
- Target Connector (Required)
- Mount Adapter
- Check pin adapter QB-144-CA-01
* Usable in common with RL78, 78K0R, 78K0, 78K0S, V850.
The pin header cover corresponded to the pin arrangement of the MCU is required. You can get the pin header cover package from the following package list. Please print the package and cut out the pin header cover for using.
For the details of above products, see Optional Product List of IECUBE for RL78 family
- Power Supply Adapter
Specifications of the power supply adapter, QB-COMMON-PW-xx, vary depending on the region. Be sure to use an adapter designed for your region.
|Maximum operating frequency||Depending on the target MCU|
|Emulation memory capacity||Internal ROM||Internal ROM capacity of target MCUs|
|Internal RAM||Internal RAM capacity of target MCUs|
|Event||For execution||8 points|
|For access||8 points|
|Break||Hardware break||20 points Note1|
|Software break||2,000 points|
|Trace||Trace capacity||128K frame|
|Performance measurement||Execution time measurement between the start and the stop of the program||Supported|
|Measurement between events||Supported (2 segments)|
|Result-display item of measurement between events||Total value, Number of passage,
Maximum value, Minimum value, Average value
|Real-time RAM monitor||PC/ Internal RAM area Note2|
|Coverage||Memory capacity||Internal ROM gamut + External memory area|
|Mask function||TARGET RESET, INTERNAL RESET, WAIT, NMI|
|PC interface||USB (USB 2.0, Full-speed/ High-speed, USB 1.1)|
|Operating Environment||Refer to Operating Environments of Products.|
|External dimension (mm)||113mm × 109mm × 58-67mm Note3|
|Conformance with overseas standards||European Standards: EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024
US FCC Standard: FCC part 15 Class A
- Items are 8 points of post-execution break, 8 points of Access break, and 4 points of before-execution break. The number of before-execution break varies depending on the settings position.
- For all memory areas except target memory area (out of the range that real-time RAM monitor is supported), pseudo RRM function that implements monitoring while pausing program execution is supported.
- Not including the protruding parts.
Information Supporting Development Tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services, receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information, questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.|
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|