The ISL95338EVAL1Z board evaluates the ISL95338 bidirectional buck-boost voltage regulator, which provides bidirectional buck-boost voltage regulation and protection features. Intersil's advanced R3TM Technology is used to provide high light-load efficiency, fast transient response, and seamless DCM/CCM transitions.
The ISL95338 takes input power from a wide range of DC power sources (conventional AC/DC ADPs, USB PD ports, travel ADPs, etc.) and safely converts it to a regulated voltage up to 24V. The ISL95338 also can convert a wide range DC power source connected at its output (system side) to a regulated voltage to its input (ADP side). This bidirectional buck-boost regulation feature makes its application very flexible.
The ISL95338 includes various system operation functionalities such as Forward mode enable, Reverse mode enable, programmable soft-start time, and adjustable Vout, in both forward direction and reverse direction. The protection functionalities include OCP, OVP, UVP, OTP, etc.
The ISL95338 has serial communication using SMBus/I2C that allows programming of many critical parameters to deliver a customized solution. These programming parameters include, but are not limited to: output current limit, input current limit, and output voltage setting.
- Bidirectional buck, boost, and buck-boost operation
- Input voltage range 3.8V to 24V (no dead zone)
- Output voltage up to 20V
- Up to 1MHz switching frequency
- Programmable soft-start time
- LDO output for VDD and VDDP
- System status alert function
- Bidirectional internal discharge function
- Active switching for negative voltage transitions
- Bypass mode in both directions
- Forward mode enable, Reverse mode enable
- OCP, OVP, UVP, and OTP protection
- SMBus and auto-increment I2C compatible
- Tablet, ultrabook, power bank, mobile devices, and USB-C