The ISL54405EVAL3Z evaluation board is designed to provide a quick and easy method for evaluating the ISL54405 stereo 2:1 multiplexer IC. The ISL54405 µTQFN IC is soldered onto the evaluation board and is designated as U1 in the center of the board.
The ISL54405 IC is a single supply, bidirectional, dual single-pole/double-throw (SPDT) analog switch designed to function as a differential 2:1 multiplexer. It was designed for consumer and professional audio switching applications such as computer sound cards and home theater products. It can be used to route a single stereo source to different line outs/loads or to multiplex two stereo sources to a single load.
- RCA audio female jacks and BNC connectors
- Selectable 32Ω and 20kΩ resistor loads on the signal lines
- Convenient test points and connections for test equipment
- Toggle switches for easy control of MUTE and SEL logic pins
- Banana jacks for power, ground and logic control
- Computer sound cards
- Home theater audio products
- SACD/DVD audio
- DVD player audio output switching
- Headsets for MP3/cellphone switching
- Hi-Fi audio switching applications