The RAA211650 is an integrated 60V, 5A synchronous buck regulator with adjustable switching frequency from 200kHz up to 2.5MHz. It supports a wide input voltage range from 4.5V to 60V and adjustable output voltage (0.8V to maximum duty cycle * VIN). The integrated low rDS(ON) MOSFETs, gate drivers, and the controller make RAA211650 an efficient voltage step-down solution.
The device switches at a default frequency of 500kHz if the RT pin is tied to AVCC, however, it can be programmed to switch from 200kHz to 2.5MHz by using an external resistor on the RT pin. The MODE/SYNC pin can dither the oscillator frequency if the spread-spectrum operation is required. The internal oscillator can also be synchronized to an external clock through the MODE/SYNC pin. The integrated regulator also has options either to use internal fixed compensation or user-selected external compensation.
To limit inrush current during startup, RAA211650 has 2ms fixed internal soft-start time. It can also be programed by an external capacitor.
The RAA211650 provides programmable startup delay time for sequencing purposes. Also, the RAA211650 provides comprehensive protections including undervoltage lockout, overcurrent (positive and negative), overvoltage, and over-temperature.
- 4.5V to 60V input supply range
- Integrated high-side (90mΩ) and low-side (37mΩ)MOSFETs
- 1% accurate voltage reference over temperature
- Fixed-frequency operation with optional spread spectrum and external clock sync
- Adjustable switching frequency from 200kHz to 2.5MHz
- Programmable soft-start and soft-stop timing
- Programmable startup and shutdown delays
- Bidirectional overcurrent protection on both internal FETs
- Extensive voltage and temperature protection
- Compact 28 Ld 4x5mm QFN package
- Industrial power supplies
- 12V/48V industrial and computing PoL
- ATM, vending, and gaming machines
- Programmable logic controllers
- After-market automotive