The R-Car W1R is a system-on-chip (SoC) for automotive wireless communication that supports 760 MHz band vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) communication compliant with the ARIB STD-T109 communications standard for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) used in Japan. Through the use of Renesas' exclusive radio frequency (RF) system design technology, the R-Car W1R meets the ARIB requirements for out-of-band transmission noise and is used in the ITS Connect vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication system which has been used in Japan since October 2015. It is the only device in the world with a track record in this market.
- Helps reduce system size by integrating all communication functions, from ARIB STD-T109-compliant RF to physical layer and data link layer, on a single chip
- Small module reference design optimized for external RF components helps speed up development cycle
- Exclusive RF system design realizes world's best out-of-band transmission noise characteristics
- Combo V2X starter kit with R-Car W2H facilitates software development and verification testing
Renesas' V2X system solutions
Small module reference design optimized for external RF components
- Renesas' exclusive RF system design technology realizes world's best out-of-band transmission noise characteristics
Renesas' V2X starter kit (RTK00V2XRC7746SAS) is compatible with standards in Japan, the US, and Europe
- This kit combines the R-Car W1R and the R-Car W2H SoC, which is equipped with the optimal security IP for V2X, and all the components necessary for realizing a V2X unit are mounted.
- This kit includes a driver and firmware which have been verified with ITS protocol partners.
|Item||R-Car W1R Specifications|
|Product Name (Part Number)||R-Car W1R (μPD35901)|
|Standard||ARIB STD-T109 (Rev.1.2) PHY/MAC protocol|
|Frequency Band||760 MHz|
|Power Supply Voltage||3.3 V (IO), 1.2 V (Core)|
|CPU Core||32-bit (operating frequency: 160 MHz)|
|Built-in Memory||128 KB RAM, 32 KB ROM|
|Memory Interface||I 2 C|
|Package||176-pin plastic FBGA 10 mm × 10 mm / 0.65 ball pitch|
|Operating Temperature||Ta = -40 to +85°C (JEDEC JESD 51-9), Tj = -40 to +125°C|