Renesas' lithium-ion battery management solution is built around a battery management IC that offers a low-power microcontroller and high-performance analog front end (AFE) in a single package, along with an evaluation board, sample code, and other tools to support the development of safe, secure, and high-performance lithium-ion batteries.
Target applications: Notebook and laptop computers, power tools, Cordless Vacuum, Motor-assisted bike, etc.
Safety Control: Enable high battery pack safety with multiple fail-safe detection functions
- Built-in self-diagnostic functions using the integrated MCU and AFE.
- Ultra-low power storage mode
- Over/under voltage
- Over/under temperature
- FET control during failure
- Fuse blow
Capacity Calculation: Continuous high accuracy battery capacity detection
- Delta-sigma Analog to Digital converter optimized for current, voltage, and temperature measurement.
- Adjusts remaining capacity calculation dynamically for aged and deteriorated cells.
- Capacity calculation with built-in learning
- Current and voltage calibration functions
- Battery history and record keeping function
Comprehensive development environment: Starter kits with EVB, Sample Code, and User Manual for easy evaluation and faster development
- Evaluation Board : Evaluate the device performance and operating behavior; includes E1 connector for easy on-chip debugging.
- Sample Code : Available sample program source code for all basic battery management functions.
- Communication with PC via I2C Bus
- GUI I/F displays the battery parameter status such as Voltage, Current and Temperature
For Starter Kit, contact your regional sales channel members.
|1||PC, Consumer, Mobile devices||2 - 4||RAJ240045
|2||Drone, Toy-Robot, Power tool, Cordless Vacuum||2 - 5||RAJ240071
|3||Power tool, Cordless Vacuum, Motor-assisted bike, ESS (Energy Storage System), Industrial uses||3 - 8
3 - 10
|Multiple GPIO, High voltage, MCU and AFE in a single package|