Security is an inherent risk when it comes to connected devices. In the Industrial IoT, incoming threats and system vulnerabilities can result in life-threatening or high-risk situations. Therefore, embedded applications in this area require very strong features for security and reliability.
RX MCU Strongly Protects IoT Endpoints
Renesas RX MCU has security functions such as Crypto library for AES, 3DES, SHA, RSA, coprocessor driver, Trusted Secure IP, etc. They provide robust security to IoT endpoint.
A strong security solution including Trusted Secure IP is here
Renesas' abundant cryptographic library is here
Enable a secure development environment with Embedded Trust and C-Trust
Embedded Trust is a security development environment providing streamlined security development in IAR Embedded Workbench. The environment leverages the secure hardware built into next-generation microcontrollers to provide the low-level trust anchors and secure services needed for trustworthy IoT solutions.
C-Trust is offered as an extension to the industry-leading embedded development toolchain IAR Embedded Workbench. The integration enables designers to include security development as part of their day-to-day development workflow and more easily implement “security from inception” into their IoT device design. C-Trust extends the capabilities of IAR Embedded Workbench to enable secure mastering based on a Security Context that is created by an Embedded Trust user, or by using a pre-defined Security Context Framework.
The features of Embedded Trust / C-Trust
- Embedded Trust includes Renesas RX support
- Integrates identity and certificate management
- Implements a Secure Boot Manager
- Protects your IP by inhibiting unauthorized manufacturing
- Provides secure deployment with integrated manufacturing mastering
- Enables release management with versioning and update infrastructure
Software Development workflow
The functions of Embedded Trust / C-Trust
Embedded Trust user creates (or imports) a Security Context that defines:
- What keys will be created (key type and use)
- Certificates (content, etc.)
- Hierarchies of keys and certificates
IAR Embedded Workbench users with C-Trust import a Security Context Framework created for them by the Embedded Trust user
- Correct security and encryption settings included automatically
- Developers can focus on developing the functionality of the application
User can easily perform security development using Embedded Trust / C-Trust.
Embedded Trust and C-Trust support Renesas' RX series.
For more information on Embedded Trust and C-Trust, click the following link.