The Renesas Starter Kit+ for SH7670 has been developed speed up code development and reduce time to market. An Renesas Starter Kit+, as the name suggests, is a complete development kit for Renesas microcontrollers.
Layout and Specification
The LCD display module is supplied as a detachable sub-board. The board dimensions are 180 mm by 150 mm, detailed dimensions are available in the user manual.
|On-board Memory||Flash Memory (S29GL032A11TRIR23): 4 MB|
|SDRAM (K4S281632I-UC75): 16 MB|
|Input Clock||Main: 25 MHz|
|USB: 48 MHz|
|LED||Power indicator: green x 1|
|User: green x 1, orange x 1, red x 2|
|Switch||Reset x 1|
|User x 3|
|DIP Switch||10-pole x 4|
|DC Power Jack||7 V to 15 V Input: Jumpers 5V_SEL_1 and 5V_SEL_2 Removed (Default setting)|
|5 V Input: Jumpers 5V_SEL_1 and 5V_SEL_2 Fitted|
|E10A Header||14-pin box header|
|RS232 Serial Connector||9-pin DSUB|
|Host Interface||2.54 mm pitch, 26-pin|
|Video Stream Interface||2.54 mm pitch, 20-pin 1row|
|SSI Connector||2.54 mm pitch, 7-pin 1row|
|LCD Display Connector||14-pin socket|
|LCD Panel Connector||Hitachi 2.2” QVGA TFT: 0.3 mm pitch, 39-pin (H_LCD)|
|Generic LCD: 2.54 mm pitch, 40-pin (G_LCD)|
|USB Connector||Host: USB-A|
|Microcontroller Pin Header||2.54 mm pitch, 40-pin x 4 (J1, J2, J7, J8)|
|2.54 mm pitch, 24-pin x 4 (J3, J4, J5, J6)|
|Application Board Interface||2.54 mm pitch, 26-pin x 2 (JA1, JA2), 24-pin x2 (JA5, JA6)|
|BUS Interface Option||2.54 mm pitch, 50-pin (JA3)|
* SSI: Serial Sound Interface
* The potentiometer is fitted to offer an easy way of supplying a variable analog input to the controller. It does not necessarily reflect the accuracy of the controllers ADC. Please see the device manual for details.
Manufacturer Name: PIHER INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Part Number: N6R (6 mm RoHS reflowable potentiometer)
- CPU Board
- Detachable LCD Display Module
- Detachable AD Adjustment Shaft
- USB Host & Function Connection
- SMSC Ethernet Interface
- Hitachi 2.2” QVGA TFT Display
- E10A-USB for Starter Kit
- Connection Cable (USB Cable, User Interface Cable)
- 128 MB USB FLASH Memory Stick
- Ethernet cross-wired cable
- Multi region 12 V power supply
- Quick Start Guide
- Documents: User Manual, Tutorial, and more
- IDE: High-performance Embedded Workshop
- C/C++ Compiler: C/C++ Compiler Package for SuperH Family Evaluation Version
- Debugger: E10A-USB Emulator Debugger
- E10A-USB for Starter Kit is a special emulator for only Renesas Starter Kit+ products.
- The C/C++ Compiler Package for SuperH Family Evaluation Version does not come with technical support services. In addition, The C/C++ Compiler Package for SuperH Family Evaluation Version has some restrictions compared to the Product Version.
Trial period: 60 days
The link size will be limited to 256 KB after 60 days.
PC System Requirements
- IBM PC/AT or compatible PC (USB interface necessary) *1
- Intel Pentium III 600 MHz or higher *3
- Memory 128 MB or higher
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP *2
*1: IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation of the U.S.
*2: MS, MS-DOS and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation of the U.S.
*3: Pentium is a trademark of Intel Corporation of the U.S.
This product is discontinued.
|Product NameProduct Name||Debugger
|Renesas Starter Kit+ for SH7670||E10A||R0K576700S000BE||Discontinued Product|
USB Host Stack
|Download Name and LinkDownload Name and Link||Type/
|USB Host Stack v1.00.00||EXE
|5.64 MB 25 May 2010
USB Host Stack for Renesas Starter Kit+ for SH7670 Demo v1.00.00
uCLinux SH7670 Board Support Package
Due to the very high level of peripheral integration on the SH7670 it is imperative that an operating system is used for most embedded designs.
Because of this Renesas have in conjunction with our Platinum Alliance Partner MPC Data ported uCLinux to the Renesas Starter Kit+ for SH7670.
The BSP includes the following items.
- Drivers for most on chip peripherals
- USB Host mass storage class application
- USB device mass storage class application
- Ethernet driver
- TCP/IP stack and file system (included in uCLinux)
- Boa HTTP web server
- All peripheral and uCLinux source code
At power up the uCLinux application will start and display a range of high definition bitmap pictures stored in FLASH on the TFT display. Remote control of the Renesas Starter Kit+ can then be achieved using the embedded web server and a standard PC browser.
Both USB Function and Host capabilities can be tested using the supplied USB FLASH memory stick.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|