The Renesas Starter Kit for R8C/LA8A is intended as a user-friendly introductory and evaluation tool for the R8C/LA8A microcontroller.
The board also provides a useful platform for evaluating the Renesas suite of development tools for coding and debugging, using High-performance Embedded Workshop as well as programming the device using E8a emulator and/or Flash Development Toolkit.
The Renesas Starter Kit for R8C/LA8A may be connected to the host PC using a simple RS232 serial connection or via the included USB E8a on chip debugging interface.
The purpose of the board is to enable the user to evaluate the capabilities of the device and its peripherals by giving the user a simple platform on which code can be run only minutes from opening box. It can also prove an invaluable tool in development by providing a useful test platform for code already debugged using one of our more powerful emulation tools.
Layout and Specification
The LCD Application Board V2 and the LCD display module is supplied as a detachable sub-board.
The board dimensions are 100 mm by 120 mm, detailed dimensions are available in the user manual.
|Input Clock||Main: 20 MHz
|Sub: 32.768 kHz|
|Potentiometer||Single-turn, 10 kΩ|
|LED||Power indicator: green x 1|
|User: green x 1, orange x 1, red x 2|
|Switch||Reset x 1|
|User x 3
|DC Power Jack||5 V Input|
|E8a Header||14-pin box header|
|RS232 Serial Connector||9-pin DSUB|
|LCD Display Connector||14-pin socket|
|LCD Panel Connector||50-pin socket (JA4)
|Microcontroller Pin Header||2.54 mm pitch, 36-pin x 4 (J1 to J4)
|Application Board Interface||2.54 mm pitch, 26-pin (JA1, JA2), 24-pin (JA5, JA6)|
* Microcontroller Pin Header and Application Board Interface are not contained in the product.
- CPU Board
- Detachable LCD Application Board V2
- Detachable LCD Display Module
- Detachable AD Adjustment Shaft
- E8a Emulator
- Connection Cable (USB Cable, User Interface Cable)
- Quick Start Guide
- Documents: User Manual, Tutorial, and more
- IDE: High-performance Embedded Workshop
- C Compiler: M3T-NC30WA Evaluation Version
- Debugger: E8a Emulator Debugger
- Flash Memory Programmer: Flash Development Toolkit Evaluation Version
- The M3T-NC30WA Evaluation Version does not come with technical support services. In addition, The M3T-NC30WA Evaluation Version has some restrictions compared to the M3T-NC30WA Professional Version.
Trial period: 60 days
The link size will be limited to 64 KB after 60 days.
- The Flash Development Toolkit Evaluation Version does not come with technical support services.
PC System Requirements
- IBM PC/AT or compatible PC (USB interface necessary) *1
- Intel Pentium Ⅲ 600 MHz or higher *3
- Memory 128 MB or higher
- Microsoft Windows 2000/ Windows XP/ Windows Vista *2 (other than the listed OS is not supported)
*1: IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation of the U.S.
*2: MS, MS-DOS and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation of the U.S.
*3: Pentium is a trademark of Intel Corporation of the U.S.
This product can be purchased through the normal sales channels.
|Product Name||Debugger Supplied||Part Number
|Renesas Starter Kit for R8C/LA8A||E8a||R0K502LA8S000BE||Available|
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||
|Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase|
|R0K502LA8S000BE||Mass Production||Renesas||$210||1||RSK for R8C/LA8A+LCD Apps 2 board||2||Digi-Key|