The YRPBRL78G14 is a promotion board for the new Renesas RL78 microcontroller family. It supports on-board debugging, flash programming, and is pre-programmed to work with the GUI provided on the included DVD to demonstrate the low-power capabilities of the Renesas RL78 MCU.
When you would like to start software development or MCU evaluation, please access to Design Support.
- Easy to use device demonstration capabilities
The YRPBRL78G14 contains elements to easily demonstrate simple I/O-functions (i.e. LED output, I/O lines, UART serial interface) together with the key functions such as Real Time Clock (RTC), ADC, Timers, safety functions and on-chip data flash.
- Power supply via USB interface
The YRPBRL78G14 is powered via USB interface. No separate power supply is needed, although a connector is provided to supply an external power supply if required.
- On-Board debug function
The YRPBRL78G14 supports an On-Board debug function by using the IAR CSPY debugger, without the need of additional debug hardware. It allows Flash programming and supports standard debug functions such as code execution, single stepping, software breakpoints, memory manipulation etc.
- WriteEZ5 Flash programming software (preliminary version)
Windows based Flash programming software allows the user to select and download application programs to the YRPBRL78G14 board for evaluation purposes.
- Applilet3 Device driver code generator
Software tool used to generate device driver code to initialize and use on-chip peripherals (preliminary version)
- Various input / output signals available, such as
- All I/O ports prepared to be connected to user hardware
- Virtual UART interface, via the μPD78F0730 78K0 8-bit microcontroller with on-board USB interface
- 1 LED connected to a RL78/G14 port for visualization.
- The IAR Embedded Workbench for RL78 and the IAR C-SPY debugger are included. These packages are restricted in such that maximum program code size is limited to 16 Kbytes.
- Full documentation is included for the Renesas software tools and the RL78/G14 device.
- YRPBRL78G14 promotion board
- USB Type A / Mini-B cable
- Screwdriver to adjust the potentiometer voltage
- DVD containing all the software, tools, and documentation needed to quickly start evaluating the product:
- Demonstration and Evaluation GUI
- IAR Embedded Workbench IDE (Kick-start version)
- USB interface driver for GUI and user communication
- Debugging and Programming Sample code and documentation
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|