Monitor the temperature and humidity of plants and agriculture soil with the Smart Moisture Sensor featuring the Renesas RL78/G11 low pin and internal configurable analog microcontroller (MCU).
The Smart Moisture Sensor solution uses the RL78/G11 MCU’s moisture sensor to measure the conditions of soil, and transfer the data to a smartphone app via an RL78/G1D Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) module which can be graphically shown. For example, the app can provide a moisture vs. temperature graph. Additionally, the Smart Moisture Sensor can control a water valve by outputting a motor signal. The system also includes a buzzer to warn users if the soil becomes too dry.
- Includes an oscillator that facilitates the low power capabilities of the Bluetooth module
- A blue LED provides an indication of BLE operation
- Smartphone app available to communicate with the Smart Moisture Sensor via its built-in Bluetooth module
- UART and I2C connections allow alternative communication methods with the RL78/G11 MCU
- Debugger connections to program the device
- Power to the device is controlled by the RL78/G11
- 6-pin header allows for different types of motors to be controlled
- Moisture sensor consists of two contacts (one on each side of the prong) which measure the resistance of the surrounding soil
- Specify and configure automatic watering mode
- SMS hardware is powered by a single AA battery
Disclaimer: THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (collectively, “Renesas”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Renesas provides evaluation platforms and design proposals to help our customers to develop products. However, factors beyond Renesas' control, including without limitation, component variations, temperature changes and PCB layout, could significantly affect the product performance. It is the user’s responsibility to verify the actual circuit performance.