The Renesas Promotion Board is pre-programmed to work with the GUI provided on the included DVD to demonstrate the key low power capabilities of the RL78/L12 device family along with it's direct drive LCD functionality.
The RPBRL78L12 includes RL78/L12 CPU board with custom segment LCD integrated, On Chip Debugger (OCD), Eclipse based e2studio (a Integrated Development Environment), Free of charge GNU compiler and Example embedded code, extensive documentation.
This device family is also fully supported by our key development partner IAR Systems.
When you would like to start software development or MCU evaluation, please access to Design Support.
- Easy to use device demonstration capabilities
The YRPBRL78L12 contains elements to easily demonstrate simple I/O-functions (i.e. LED output, I/O lines, UART serial interface) together with the key functions such as Segment LCD driver, Real Time Clock (RTC), ADC, Timers, safety functions and on-chip data flash.
- Power supply via USB interface
The YRPBRL78L12 is powered via USB interface. No separate power supply is needed, although a connector is provided to supply an external power supply if required.
- On-Board debug function
The YRPBRL78L12 supports an On-Board debug function by using the supplied e2studio debugger, without the need of additional debug hardware. It allows Flash programming and supports standard debug functions such as code execution, single stepping, software breakpoints, memory manipulation etc.
- Renesas Flash Programmer (RFP)
- Windows based Flash programming software allows the user to select
and download application programs to the YRPBRL78L12 board for evaluation purposes.
- Applilet3 Device driver code generator
Software tool used to generate device driver code to initialise and use on-chip peripherals
- Various input / output signals available, such as
- All unused I/O ports prepared to be connected to user hardware
- Virtual UART interface, via the μPD78F0730 78K0 8-bit microcontroller with on-board USB interface
- 3 LEDs connected to a RL78/L12 port for visualisation.
- The e2studio IDE for RL78 and KPIT GNU compiler are included. These packages contain no code size is limitations
- Full documentation is included for the Renesas software tools and the RL78/L12 device.
- YRPBRL78L12 promotion board
- USB Type A / Mini-B cable
- Screwdriver to adjust the potentiometer voltage
- DVD containing all the software, tools, and documentation needed to quickly start evaluating the product: evaluating the product:
- Demonstration and Evaluation GUI
- e2studio IDE for RL78 and KPIT GNU compiler
- USB interface driver for GUI and user communication
- Debugging and Programming Sample code and documentation
KPIT Cummins' Advanced Technology Solutions group provides business and technology solutions for the CTO, CIO and CFO of global customers from their focused verticals. Their specialized & niche set of offerings span from Advanced Technology Solutions (Automotive, Semiconductor Solutions), through Business IT & Intelligence to BPO / KPO.
Below you will find information to support the development of your application.
Information supporting development tools
|My Renesas||Create a My Renesas account to use our tool download services,receive e-newsletter/update notifications, and take advantage of our other services.|
|e-learning||Information for studying and learning about microcontrollers and microprocessors.|
|FAQ||Frequently asked questions and useful hints for development.|
|Forum||A forum and community site to share technical information,
questions and opinions with others who use Renesas MCU's.
|Tool News||Tool release information and other important information.|
|Operating Environment||Information on system requirements and operating environment for the latest version of tools.|
|Tool Environmental Information||Information on RoHS compliance of tools.|
|Info on Discontinued Products||A list of Renesas software and tools that have been discontinued and are no longer being offered for new projects.|
|Tools Orderable Part Number (s)||Production Status||Manufacturer||Suggested Single Tool Price||Description||Distributor Stock||Distributors||Distributor Purchase|
|YRPBRL78L12||Mass Production||Renesas||call||YRPBRL78L12 (For RL78/L12)||90||Future Electronics|