The ISL85033 is a wide input range, dual standard buck converter that can be configured to provide a negative output voltage. The ISL85033-12VEVAL3Z evaluation board is used in this application note to demonstrate the negative configuration. In this configuration, VIN can range from 4.5V to (28V - VOUT).
The ISL85033 is offered in a 4mmx4mm 28 Ld TQFN package with 1mm maximum height. The complete converter occupies 6.25cm2 area.
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 4.5V to (28V - VOUT)
- Adjustable and Synchronizable Negative Output Voltage with Continuous Output Current up to 5A, depending on VOUT and VIN
- Current Mode Control
- Adjustable Switching Frequency from 300kHz to 2MHz
- Power-Good Detection (referenced to VOUT)
- Externally Adjustable Soft-start Time
- Overcurrent and Hiccup Mode Short Circuit Protection, Thermal Overload Protection, UVLO
- Boot Undervoltage Detection
- Default Out-of-phase Channels Reduce Voltage Ripple and Component Size. User-selectable Phase Operation.
- General purpose point-of-load DC/DC power conversion
- Set-top boxes
- FPGA power and STB power
- DVD and HDD drives
- LCD panels, TV power
- Cable modems